Did you find some really interesting stuff in someone’s Instagram live video and you wish you could download it for future reference? With the possibility of users sharing their live video as Stories, yes you can very well achieve that even when the live video has ended. In this tutorial, we walk you through the steps to save someone’s Instagram Live videos without letting them know. Also, if you want to download your own live video then you will find the procedure for that too.
Let’s start with the procedure to download your own live video.
Download Your Own Instagram Live Video
In case you want your live video to be with you after it ends then Instagram allows you to save it.
When you end your live video on the same screen there is a Save option at the top right corner. Tap on it to save the live video to smartphone’s Gallery or Camera Roll.
Please note that the saved video will not have comments or heart bubbles.
Save Someone’s Instagram Live Video
Disclaimer: You should not download anyone’s live video without their knowledge and consent. We highly recommend you to do so and then proceed.
There are two ways to download others Instagram live – when it’s happening and when it has ended & shared as a story. Let’s go through both of them.
Method 1: In Real-Time
iOS users can simply start screen recording feature introduced in iOS 11 from the Control Center and then view the live video on the Instagram app. When the live video is finished you can stop the recording and the live video will be saved to Camera Roll.
Method 2: When Live Video Has Ended And Shared As A Story
As sharing live video to stories allows followers to rewatch them there are good chances of finding someone’s live video in Stories section. And if it’s there then use the following steps to download someone else’s live video.
You will need a computer and a Chrome browser. Once you have them proceed ahead.
- Add Chrome IG Story extension to Chrome browser.
- Now, visit the Instagram website and log in to your account. If you are already there then reload the page.
- After that, click on the Chrome IG Story extension icon somewhere at the top right. In the window that pops out, you should see Live Videos Replays section at the top. Under that, you will be able to see live videos shared by the people you follow.
- Click on the download icon next to the user whose live video you wish to save.
- Next, you’ll see a window that will inform you about the live video being streamed from 2 separate sources(1 for audio and other for video). Because of that, there are 2 download URL’s for audio and video respectively for a particular live video.
- Click on Open Audio URL and the new tab will load the audio with an option to download. Click on the download icon.
- For the video click on Open Video URL and the new tab will load the video. It will take some time depending on the length of the live video. Click on the download icon to save the video on your PC/Mac.
Unfortunately, you will have to merge the audio and video files into one by yourself.
Similarly, you can download the other live videos. The beauty of these methods is that even though you downloaded their video the owner won’t be notified.
You can also use the second method to view live video without letting them know and hide comments when watching Instagram Live.
We hope that you were able to download your or someone else’s Instagram live videos. If you think this information can help your friends then don’t forget to share this article.