Snapchat is quite a different Social Media platform when compared to Instagram or Facebook. With a host of face filters and image editing options, it makes interacting fun. Snapchat has an innovative approach to messaging where images and media are deleted after a particular time. However, what if you want to save someone’s Snapchat stories as you liked them a lot and don’t want to lose them or share them elsewhere. In this article, we have shared a trick which will allow you to download Snapchat story of friends without them knowing.
The method for downloading both photos and videos in the story are covered. Moreover, you can also follow this guide if you are looking to view someone else’s Snapchat story without letting them know.
Let’s first start with viewing and saving stories(photos) as the method for both are quite similar.
1. View Or Save Someone’s Snapchat Stories Without Notifying
There is an exceptionally easy way to save photos from others Snapchat stories by taking a screenshot. That said, Snapchat has a feature which notifies the story owner who took a screenshot(shown in the image below) The catch here is how to avoid letting the other person know that you took a screenshot of their story.
It will also let you view Snapchat story without notifying another person.
So, let us dive into the procedure.
How To Take Screenshot Or View Story Without Letting Them Know
The steps and screenshots are from the iOS app but the process is basically similar for Android as well.
1. Firstly, open Snapchat and let the desired Story load completely.
2. Now, close Snapchat and turn off Wi-Fi and Cellular Data. The internet data connection should be switched off on your smartphone.
3. After turning off data, open Snapchat app and the desired Story. If you wish to save the photo then take the screenshot of the desired images in the Story.
4. Once you’ve viewed the story or done taking screenshots it is time to log out of Snapchat. In order to do so, tap on your Bitmoji at the top left corner. Now, select Settings(gear icon) at the top right corner. Under Settings, scroll down and select Log Out.
5. Now, close Snapchat app by pressing Home button twice(for iPhone) and then swiping up to quit.
The most important part here is that data is off when you’re viewing the Story or taking the screenshot.
6. Delete the Snapchat app and turn on the internet now and install the app again.
7. Sign in and use Snapchat as you would normally do. But just don’t tap on the story where you want your seen to be hidden.
The screenshots you took won’t be counted and your friends will not know that you saved or viewed their story. This method can be used for viewing for both photos and videos. For videos, you should be very particular about the 1st step – make the story load when the internet is turned on.
I know that it’s too much work but this is the only foolproof way to make sure the story owner doesn’t get to know about your actions on their story.
Now, let’s get to videos.
2. Download Snapchat Videos From Others Stories Without Notifying
If you think that your videos sent on Snapchat are safe then you might want to think again. Anyone can leverage screen recording apps for Android and easily record your videos. There a lot of recording apps available on Play Store. For this tutorial, we will use DU Recorder.
1. Install the app by searching the name on Play Store or click here.
2. After the app is installed, tap on its icon. On doing that, you will see a few on-screen options/icons. Simply tap on the record icon(solid red dot) to start screen recording. Tap on Start Now to confirm.
3. Now, launch the Snapchat app and go Stories tab. Tap on the desired story and navigate to the video you wish to download. Let the video play so that it can be recorded by the app.
4. Once the video is completed tap on the record icon at the corner of the screen and then tap on Stop icon to stop the recording.
5. With this, the video will be saved to your phone which recorded all the screen activities including the Snapchat video. You can find the recorded video in the Gallery under folder recordmaster.
6. The recorded video will have unnecessary parts which you can remove by trimming it. You can trim videos from your smartphone using the default feature in your Gallery or you can try the apps mentioned on our list of best Video to MP3 Converter apps.
Similarly, you can download other videos in Snapchat stories or videos someone sent you in chat and the owner won’t come to know about it. Of course, in this case the other person will come to know that you viewed their snap but they won’t have any idea about you saving it.
iPhone/iPad users can make use of Screen recording feature that is built right into iOS 11. However, unlike Android, the owner of the video will be notified while doing so. But nevertheless, you will be able to save the video in their story.
So, these were several ways you can use to view or save photos and videos in the Snapchat story. We wish that you found the Snapchat tricks mentioned here useful. Do share it with your friends and Subscribe to our newsletter to get Snapchat updates directly delivered to your inbox.