It has hardly been a month since Instagram rolled out the collaborative live video feature. Using it, users can add a friend to their live stream as a guest which makes it a lot more interactive and interesting. Previously, adding someone to your live video was totally dependent on you. But now, they have introduced another live video feature where your friends can request you to add them to your live video. So, the viewers of the live video can now take the initiative if they wish to join the live video as a guest. Keep reading to know how you can request to be in friend’s Instagram live video.
The feature is launched for both Android and iOS app. So, update the app from the respective app stores and follow the steps below.
Request To Be In Friend’s Instagram Live Video
1. Join an Instagram live video of a friend while it’s happening. You can easily do that either by tapping on their round avatar at the top of your news feed with a Live label or tap on the live video push notification if you receive it.
2. While you are viewing your friend’s live video you will get a Request option just above the comment box. The message reads “Send a request to be in [friend username] live video.” Tap on Request followed by Send Request.
3. With this, your friend who is already live will receive your request. The friend needs to tap on View.
4. On the next screen, your friend needs to select your username and tap Add.
5. In a few seconds, you should see the approval message on your screen. You can dismiss it yourself by tapping on x icon at the bottom or it will disappear automatically after a few seconds.
One half of the screen will be taken up by you and another half will be shared your friend. Here are a few things you should know.
1. You can quit the live video any time when desired by tapping on the x at the top left corner in your half of the screen and select Leave.
2. Your friend can remove you anytime by tapping on x icon he/she see on your half of the screen and selecting Remove [your username].
3. Currently, Instagram only supports adding one person at one point in time to the live video as a guest. You can switch between different friends during a live video.
So, this is how you can ask your friend to add you to their live video on Instagram. We hope that you are going to find this latest feature useful. From now on, things are going to be more instant and unpredictable as long as Instagram Live is concerned. What do you think? Share your thoughts in the comments below.