If you are planning to delete your Instagram account and leave the popular image sharing app for good then you don’t have to lose all your uploaded data. At least not from now on. Recently, Instagram has introduced Data Download option which lets you save all your photos, videos, stories and more. So, if you are interested in backing up all your memories on Instagram then follow this guide to know how you can request and download all your Instagram data.
Currently, the Data Download tool is available worldwide on the web for all the users. However, it will soon be available on the Android and iOS apps. For now, we have mentioned the steps you need to follow on the Instagram website to save all your Instagram posts.
Download All Your Instagram Data
1. Either you can click on this link directly and login to your Instagram account
Go to the data download request page manually –
- Open a browser of your choice and visit the Instagram website. Log in to your account if not already done.
- Go to your profile by tapping on the person icon at the top right.
- Under your profile, click on the cog icon and select Privacy and Security.
- Now, scroll down until you find Data Download. Click on Request Download in Data Download section.
2. When you are on the request data download page, you need to enter your Email id where you wish to receive the download link. It will be filled by default with the Email id associated with your Instagram account. But you can always use a different Email id for this purpose.
3. After setting the desired Email id click on Next.
4. Next, enter your Instagram account password and click Request Download.
With this, you have successfully requested data download. Instagram will start preparing all the data you’ve shared on its platform until that point. It can take up to 48 hours before you receive the download link.
I got the Email in approximately 6 hours.
5. When you receive the Email from Instagram, open it and click on Download Data.
6. On the next screen, you will have to enter your account password and click Log In.
7. Finally, click on Download Data to start downloading your archive.
Note: For security reasons, the download link sent in the email will expire in 4 days.
Here’s the list of things contained in the download link.
- Profile Information
- Archived Stories
- Usernames of your followers and the people you follow
- Direct messages and the media shared in DM which is not self-destructing
And a few more.
We will update this article whenever the option is rolled out for the Instagram app.
In case the fear of losing your valuable photos & videos was holding you back to delete your Instagram account then the latest addition is of great use to you. Go ahead and export all your Instagram archive right away.
Don’t forget to share this article to help others in exporting their data.