How to remove a particular website from history of Google Chrome
In a Google Chrome browser you have variety of options to clear history for a specific day or for a longer period of time. But what if you want to remove a particular website from history of Google Chrome. Suppose you have browsed a website on someone’s computer and you don’t want to let him/her know what you have browsed in their PC, you can simply remove that specific website from Google Chrome. Follow the 6 simple steps given below to remove a particular website from history of Google Chrome.
Remove a particular website from history of Google Chrome
Google Chrome being one of the top most web browser, its users also wants to be more precise about all the sessions they do on the Google Chrome. Google has given a feature to its users from where they can remove or delete a particular website from history of Google Chrome. The feature can be used as by following the given below method with pictures.
- In Google Chrome, go to settings and click on Options.
- Google Chrome Options windows will appear, in that window, navigate to the Under The Hood tab.
- In, Under the Hood tab, under Privacy click on Content Settings.
- Content Settings window will appear. In that multi tab window, look for the Cookies tab and click on it.
- Now click on Show cookies and other site data, window will appear that will list all the cookies that are stored on your computer.
- In the same window, you have the search option where you can directly type the name of the website that you want to remove from the history of the web browser. You have the option to remove all the URLs of that website or particular URL of that website also as shown in the picture.
Thats all. You have successfully removed the specific website from history of Google Chrome. To check, type the name of that website on the address bar which you were trying to remove, it will not show in suggestions means that it has been removed from history of Google Chrome.