Even though instant messaging apps like WhatsApp, Messenger, etc. might have become the primary means of communication but still we all get some important information via text messages. And losing them is the last thing one needs. If you have accidentally deleted the text messages on your Android or iOS device then the solution given in this guide can help you out in restoring the lost data.
So, let’s get on with it.
Recover Lost Text Messages On iOS And Android
There are several ways to get back your deleted data. We have mentioned all of them here.
Method 1: Using Backup
For this method to work you need to have a backup of your smartphone. In case of Android, the backup can be taken on cloud services like Google Drive, Samsung/Mi Cloud and more depending on your smartphone brand.
Or you can manually, copy the files from your phone to PC or Mac.
On iPhone, you can either take backup on iTunes that is stored locally on your PC/Mac or on iCloud.
If you have an existing backup then you can easily recover the data on your device.
But what to do if you don’t have the data backup of your smartphone. Here’s a software that can come in handy.
Method 2: Using A Data Recovery Software
PhoneRescue has a software for both iOS and Android and they have versions for Windows And Mac. You can download the desired version of the software from their official site.
After installing the software simply follow the steps below.
Note: I have used the iOS version of the software on Windows for this tutorial.
- Open PhoneRescue on your computer and click on I’m Ready to Start on the Home screen.
- Connect your device to your PC/Mac via USB and select Recover from iOS Device and click on the right arrow button at the bottom right.
- On the next screen, click on Select All checkbox so that all of the file types are unchecked. After that, select Messages and click Ok.
- With this, the software will start analyzing and scanning your device. In a few minutes, you should a screen that shows you all the lost and other messages that are still there on your phone. You can make the selection of the specific messages you wish to recover.
- There are two possibilities when it comes to recovering the data. Either you can restore the data directly to your phone or recover it on your computer. Click on the desired option and in a few moments, all your messages will be recovered.
Apart from text messages, PhoneRescue can be used to recover other file types like contacts and photos as we have highlighted in our review. Moreover, it can also help you resolve iPhone stuck issues. So, go ahead get a Free trial version of PhoneRescue from iMobie’s official site.
These are the available options you can use to retrieve the lost data on your smartphone. Give them a shot and let us know which one worked for you in the comments below.