Lost data on your iPhone? If that is the case then you might be looking for a way to get it back. There are plenty of data recovery software’s which can help you to do that but the one we are going to share in this article is one of the best. This is not the first time we will be mentioning PhoneRescue as we earlier covered it’s Android version. However, if you are an iPhone user then PhoneRescue from iMobie also offers an iOS version. So, let us go ahead and look at its comprehensive review and in the process, you will also learn how to recover deleted iPhone Photos without backup.
Before we start with the review, here’s a bonus tip which can help you in recovering photos on your iPhone/iPad for free without using any 3rd party app or software.
Recover Media From Recently Deleted Album
iOS 8 included a feature in Photos App which contains a Recently Deleted folder under Albums Tab. Photos which a user deletes go into this folder.
To recover deleted photo, Select Photos App from the main menu. In Photos app, select Recently Deleted folder under Albums Tab. Once you are in the Recently deleted Album you will see all the Photos which were deleted in the last 30 days. Select the Photo or Photos which you want to recover. To select multiple Photos, Tap Select at the top right corner of the screen and start selecting the Photos to be recovered.
Once you are done selecting the photos you want to recover, Tap on Recover at the bottom right of the screen and then Recover Photos. As soon as you tap on Recover Photos, the Photos selected will be moved to Camera Roll and placed according to the time and date they were clicked in Camera Roll Album.
You can also recover all the Photos which were deleted in the past 30 days by just tapping on Select, and then select Recover All and Recover Photos.
Note: The Photos which were deleted more than 30 days ago will be deleted automatically from the Recently Deleted Album and your device and then those Photos cannot be recovered with this method and you’ll have to use a software like PhoneRescue.
PhoneRescue for iOS: Review
The software is available for both Windows and Mac and you can download it from their official website. They do offer a FREE trial version so you got nothing to lose in trying it out.
PhoneRescue for iOS can recover 31 different type of file types which includes contacts, messages, photos, videos, instant messenger data like WhatsApp messages and more.
So, let us go ahead and see how you can get your deleted photos or videos on iPhone.
Recover Deleted iPhone Photos Without Backup
1. Launch PhoneRescue once it is installed. You will see the following screen with a list of tips.
For the software to work properly, I recommend you to follow them After going through them click on I’m Ready to Start.
2. On the next step, connect your iOS device via USB. Make sure that iTunes is not opened. To retrieve lost data from your device if you don’t have iTunes backup click on Recover from iOS Device. It will be selected by default. Now, click on right arrow icon at the bottom right to proceed ahead.
3. The scanning will start. Be patient and wait for it to detect deleted photos and other data.
After a few minutes, it will start previewing some data categorized by different file types but the full scan will take some more time. In my case, it took good 20-25 minutes for the complete scan.
4. Now, in this case, we are interested in Photos and video so uncheck all files apart from Photos and Videos. After that click on computer icon with a down arrow to restore all the photos to your PC/Mac.
For photos, the option to recover data directly to iPhone is not supported.
Note: You can only preview lost files with the TRIAL version and to recover them you will have to upgrade to the premium version.
5. With this, the recovering process will start and depending on the size of photos being recovered you will have to wait.
The photos will be recovered to your computer which you can sync to your iOS device using iTunes or with the help of a good alternative like AnyTrans.
Similarly, you can recover other types of lost data as well using PhoneRescue.
- Apart from retrieving data from the iOS device, it is also possible to recover it from iTunes or iCloud backup.
- It also helps in recovering data if the iPhone is stuck on Apple logo or recovery mode.
Let us have a look at the pros and cons now.
1. This is the 3rd software from iMobie that I have used and I am impressed by the GUI of all of them. It doesn’t get any better.
2. The software supports a large variety of file formats.
3. PhoneRescue also has an option to directly recover data to your device for some file types like Contacts and Notes.
4. It supports the upcoming iOS 11(currently beta version available) and macOS High Sierra.
The free version can be improved by allowing the users to recover a limited number of files.
The cost of PhoneRescue for iOS ranges between USD 49.99 for a personal license to USD 199 for a business package.
With one of the highest data recovery rates and a wide range of supported formats PhoneResuce is the best bet to recover deleted photos from iPhone.
If you found the review useful then don’t forget to share it on social media.