How To Recover Deleted Browsing History on Windows
Did you intentionally or accidentally delete your browsing history? In either case, you are here because you want to get it back. Follow this tutorial to recover deleted browsing history on Windows.
Many times we delete our browsing history frequently to ensure clean and fast browsing speed that is completely fine. However, sometimes when we have to check our browsed pages or deleted history we are actually helpless. That is what this article is all about, and we are going to learn that by using some simple method you’ll be able to get back your browsed page or deleted history.
There are many ways to do this task I will only share the techniques which are incredibly easy to access and apply. If you were signed into your Google account while browsing then you can follow the second method very quickly. Otherwise, the first or third method is the way to go for you.
Methods To Recover Deleted Browsing History
1. Using CMD Cache
CMD cache is the simplest and most prominent method to retrieve browsing history. While using this method you need to take care of one thing that your computer doesn’t shut down or restarts during this process.
1. First of all, you have to press “Windows+R” or click on Start and then on Run option. Next, you have to write cmd and hit Enter.
2. Now you have to write the code below in the Command prompt and press the Enter button.
3. Once you do that all your determined information like your browsing history related to Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Opera will be shown.
That’s it you’re done. As I told you earlier if you will Shut down or restart your Computer, then all the caches of information would be deleted and this method won’t work to recover deleted history.
One more important thing I want to mention is that once you run the above command the information appearing wouldn’t be just about the browsing history but also about the recent Apps you visited so, it can be a bit confusing.
Also Read : How to recover deleted Sticky Notes on Windows
2. Accessing your Google History
Visiting your Google history is also very straightforward and reliable method, but it will only work if you are signed during your browsing period.
Sign in with your Google account and then visit www.google.com/history.
The opened page will show you all the browsing details with the respective time and date. There’s also an option to delete your browsing history if desired. You just have to click on the three vertical dots which appear at the right side corner.
3. Using a 3rd Party Software
1. First of all download and install Systenance index.dat on your computer – Click here to Download.
2. Once you have downloaded and installed the application from the link mentioned above, launch it and you’ll see the screen like below.
3. Now, you have to click on search option, once you do that the application will search all your browsing history. When it’s done, you can click on “Analyze” to view all your browsing history.
4. There’s a great feature available in this app that you can download your browsing history by clicking on the file option.
All these methods are completely working and extremely easy to use. So you can choose any one of them to get back your browsing history.
Also Read : Recover Deleted Files in Windows
As a conclusion I would like to tell you that these methods are the simplest ones I was able to find out for you, there are lots of approaches available on the internet, but most of them are very messy and complicated. Hence, I thought to choose these methods.
I hope you found the post useful. Feel free to share your thoughts in the comment box.