WhatsApp has recently come up with a new feature that is going to be useful for the people who use the service to record long audio messages. Holding your finger down on the mic button to record audio is a thing of the past, thanks to the latest WhatsApp update. From now on, it is possible to record WhatsApp voice messages without holding the button. So, let’s go ahead and see how it works.
Note: Currently the feature is only rolled out for iOS. Therefore, Android users will have to wait a bit longer to make use of this addition.
Now, let us get on with the steps.
Record WhatsApp Voice Messages Without Holding The Button
Update to the latest WhatsApp version(2.17.81) or later from the App Store on iPhone and proceed ahead.
- Launch WhatsApp and open the desired conversation.
- Now, long tap/press the mic button.
- In a second you will see an indicator above mic button asking you to swipe up. Do exactly that.
- Swiping up will lock the recording and you can release your finger.
- When you’re done with the recording tap on the right arrow to send it. It is also possible to Cancel the recording if something goes sideways.
That’s how you can easily record audio messages hands-free.
Apart from this, WhatsApp has also added support to play YouTube videos within the app in the same update. This will go a long way in giving users an uninterrupted experience.
If you’re on Snapchat also then use the trick mentioned here to record video without holding the Capture button.
It is a matter of time when the feature will roll out for Android as well. Now when audio recording on WhatsApp without using hands is launched, users would like to have it while recording videos as well. Isn’t it? Share your thoughts in the comments below.