How to Read Someone’s Kik Messages Without Them Knowing
Kik Messenger is one of the most popular messaging apps which has more than 300 million registered users. The major part of the users are from the United States and are teenagers. I like to read forums and while doing that I came across a question asked by users that how can they read Kik messages without showing R stamp so that you can hide read receipts from anyone. So, in this article at TechUntold, I will be addressing the same query and let you know how to prevent someone from knowing you have seen the messages on Kik.
In Kik Messenger, as you are aware that when you send a message, you see multiple stamps with “D”, “S” and “R” for each message. “S” is shown when you send a message from your end but it is not delivered to recipients end. “D” means it is sent and delivered. “R” stands for read which means the recipient has read your message.
Read Kik Messages Without Showing R
So let’s move to the trick to prevent someone from knowing you have seen the message by hiding the R stamp on Kik in an iPhone or Android device. Below are the steps to achieve the same
1) Once you receive the message from your friend open Kik. But don’t open the conversation. Now, Just switch off the internet connection on your smartphone and select the desired conversation to read the messages.
2) Even though you read the message, your friend will still see “D” and not “R” stamp as your internet connection is off.
3) As soon as you open the internet connection, the sender will see the R stamp on the sent message which means they will know you have read the message. Even if the Kik app is currently not opened.
So if you don’t want to show the R stamp at all or completely want to hide seen for someone Kik messages even after switching on the internet connection then follow the below-mentioned trick.
How to Completely Remove/Hide R for Message From Anyone on Kik Messenger
I have tried and tested this whole procedure using iPhone and Android devices.
As you have seen, once you switch on your internet connection, your friend or the recipient will get to know that you have read the message sent by him or her even when you have not opened Kik messenger. I have another trick to completely hide from someone showing R on Kik.
1) Similar to the trick above open the Kik messenger app, turn off the internet connection and read the messages/
2) As you know till now your friend will not come to know that you have read his/her message. Next, before switching on the internet connection kill the Kill app. Below is how you can kill Kik app on iPhone and Android device.
Kill Kik App on iPhone
Double press the home button, you will see many apps. Just swipe up on the Kik Messenger screen to kill it.
Kill Kik App on Android
At bottom navigation, tap on the square icon. It will show all the recent apps, just swipe left or right the Kik app to kill it.
3) Once you have killed the Kik app you can switch on the internet connection and even open the Kik app to message other contacts. Your friend will not get to know that you have read their messages and still see “D” on their Kik messages.
Important: The important point to note here is that once you open your friend’s conversation with the internet connection turned on then they will get to know that you have read their messages.
If you feel more comfortable to chat on PC or Mac, I have published an article to download and use Kik on PC or Mac.
The above methods to prevent someone from knowing that you read their messages on Kik are thoroughly tested. However do let me know via comments if you face any issue while achieving the same.