We all are well aware of the fact how crucial data is to us. Be it our photos, memorable videos, important documents etc., data of every kind find a significant place in our lives. Just think what if the data gets mistakenly deleted from our phones! Moreover, sometimes we dearly want to have back any image which we might have deleted in the past. To get the deleted data back surely looks like a far-fetched dream. But, we must tell you that data-recovery is very much possible. And for that, you will have to take help of a data recovery software.
Today we have come up with a software meant to retrieve back the lost files from your Android system. And it is called -Primo iPhone Data Recovery. The good thing is that it can be used on both Windows and Mac to recover lost files from your Android smartphones. The even better news is that it’s absolutely FREE.
If you are an iPhone user then PrimoSync also offers a data recovery solution for the iOS device.
Primo Android Data Recovery Review
First things first, let’s now see how to use this free software to recover wiped out data.
How To Recover Data Using This Free Software?
1. To take off, you have to first download the software from the official website.
To tell you more, this software is readily available for both Windows and Mac. Here I’ve used this software for Windows.
2. After you are done with the installation part, just open the software. There on the Welcome screen, you will see an instruction “Please connect your device to get started“. Do as stated by connecting your Android device to your PC using USB.
3. Now you shall be asked to choose the type(s) of files you want to recover. The options include a list of many file types like Contacts, Call logs, Photos, Music, Videos, etc. You can select as many file types as you want at once.
We have chosen the file type as “Photos” because we want to recover the deleted photos back. After file type selection click on Next.
4. Post file type selection, Primo Data Recovery will seek your permission in order to gain access to the contacts, messages, call logs, and calendar on your phone. Simply click on “OK” to grant the permission.
5. Next, you will be given a choice to either “Deep Scan” your device or “Quick Scan” it. We honestly advise you to opt for “Quick Scan” because it will cause your device to root. Therefore initially, it is a more viable choice to go for Quick Scan. If even after the quick scan you don’t get your desired data back, you can then give “Deep Scan” a try.
We must tell you that Deep Scan is an irreversible operation and will lead to your Android device getting restarted. Therefore, selecting Quick Scan initially is more feasible.
6. As soon as you choose any of the scanning options (i.e. Deep Scan or Quick Scan), the scanning will begin within no time. Just make sure you don’t disconnect your Android device while the scanning is ongoing.
7. After the scanning has taken place, hopefully, all of your deleted data (in this case our photographs) will show up. In our case, we have to say that the deleted photos appeared with quick scanning itself.
8. The next step is to recover the lost (and now found) data to your PC. You can easily select all or handpick specific photographs which you want to transfer to your PC. After selecting the desired pictures that you wish to transfer to your PC/Mac, click the “Recover” button.
9. In just a matter of few minutes, all your recovered data will be transferred to your PC. Don’t plug out your Android device at all while the transferring process is taking place. And that is it. You have successfully searched and consequently recovered the desired data. The recovered data can be found in Documents with a folder named Primo Android Data Recovery.
Supported File Types
Other than the photos, the following data file types are supported, which are as follows:
- Call Logs
- App Documents
Now it is time to jump to the Pros and Cons.
- It is absolutely free.
- Available both for Windows and Mac.
- Speedy operations while scanning and recovering.
- Easy interface and a “no-brainer” to use.
The only con which we could think of is that it does not help to recover WhatsApp data. This is surely a downer, given to the fact that a large chunk of our photographs comprises of WhatsApp images only, which we often keep on deleting, only to desire later on to get them all back.
Our take on the software
In all honesty, we must say that we were rather mildly surprised with the features and functionalities this software has got to offer. Also, the snappy functioning speed, simple user interface, facility to choose more than one file type, and a quite wide range of eight file types which it boasts of recovering, we definitely think, makes this software a must-go for those seeking file recovery on their Android phones without spending any bucks. You can download the software from here.
However, if you are looking forward to recovering deleted WhatsApp files, you will be disappointed. But, since it is a free software, expecting it to be an all-rounder from every bit will be like going overboard with your hopes.