In this tutorial, you will get to know everything about mute in Twitter. How to mute Twitter account using Twitter for Web, Android or iOS App. What is the meaning of Mute in Twitter and what happens when you mute someone on Twitter.
Twitter has an option by the name of mute with which one can avoid irritating tweets from selected followers without blocking them. Let us go ahead and have a look how to mute Twitter followers or account.
Mute Twitter Account
Twitter for Web
1. Visit twitter.com from the web browser and log in using your credentials.
2. Click on three horizontal dots(More) at the bottom right of the tweet from Twitter account you want to Mute.
3. Select Mute from the list of options.
1. Visit the Twitter profile of the account you desire to mute.
2. Under the profile, click on Settings(Gear icon) to the left of Following.
3. Select Mute from the options presented.
Twitter App for Android and iPhone/iPad
I will be using screenshots and method from Twitter iOS app. However, the steps remain almost same for Android as well with slight changes.
1. Select the tweet from the Twitter account you desire to Mute.
2. At the bottom right corner of the tweet tap on the three horizontal dots and select Mute.
1. Visit the Twitter profile of the account you wish to Mute.
2. Tap on Settings(Gear icon) under Profile and select Mute.
With these settings, you have muted the desired Twitter account. Similarly, you can mute other Twitter accounts if desired.
What happens when you mute someone on Twitter
1. When you mute a user, their tweets and retweets won’t be visible on your Timeline.
2. Push notifications from that user will be disabled when they are on mute.
3. The user whom you have muted won’t get to know whether they are muted or not.
4. You will still get notifications from them in your Notifications tab.
Unmute Twitter Account
You have the option to unmute the Twitter account at any time you desire. It is simple and straightforward.
On Twitter for Web, visit the Twitter profile you wish to unmute and click on Settings(Gear icon) and Select Unmute or click on Unmute icon directly.
On Twitter app, visit Twitter profile you want to unmute. Tap on Settings and select Unmute.
Here a couple of handpicked Twitter tutorials which you might find helpful.
We wish that you were able to mute and unmute Twitter account on Web or Android/iOS app using the steps given in the article. Share or Tweet this if you found it helpful.