Snapchat has recently introduced some new features. It already had the feature to make a video call but now it has rolled out a group voice & video call and group chat option as well. Apart from this, you can mention/tag your friends in your Snapchat stories also. We will tell you how to make a group video call and voice call with your friends.
Make A Group Video Call/Chat On Snapchat
After so many apps, Snapchat has also joined the race for allowing its users to make a group chat and video calls. You can use this feature once you create a group on Snapchat. Here are the steps you need to follow for creating a group and then call your friends :
- Open Snapchat. Make sure you are using the latest version and it is updated from the Play Store or iTunes.
- Go to the ‘Friends‘ section from bottom left and tap on the ‘new chat‘ icon.
- You’ll see a search bar on top to add your friends by typing and selecting their name.
- Once you select your friends, tap on ‘Chat‘ at the bottom.
- Now, you’ve created a group. Tap on the video icon which is for making a video call. Remember that all your friends need to be online to make the call happen.
- Your friends can join the video call by tapping on ‘Join‘, once they open the notification for the call.
- During the video chat, you can use lenses or animojis available on Snapchat like the dog-bunny filters, vomiting rainbow, big rolling eyes etc.
- You can even switch from the video to voice call or vice-versa anytime by just tapping on the respective icons.
Remember that maximum 16 people can join the video call and for the voice call the limit is set to 32 people. You can also choose not to join the call and just send texts or pictures while your other friends are on the call.
So this was the simple process to make a group video call/chat on Snapchat. If you face any difficulty or have an opinion regarding this feature, let us know in the comments.