LinkedIn is a social network for business where professionals from different domains connect with each other. It is a pretty useful networking service as it enables the flow of ideas through brainstorming via groups and also it allows professionals to connect with their counterparts.
Not only this but LinkedIn also helps people look for job opportunities and get hired. At the same time, it is also beneficial for employers who are looking for candidates for job openings. So, this is the part which everyone knows about LinkedIn. But, what we are going to share in this article about LinkedIn is unknown to many. These will be including basic and interesting LinkedIn facts, statistics, figures and other amazing unknown facts that you might not know of. So let’s get started.
Don’t Miss: How To View LinkedIn Profiles Anonymously
LinkedIn Interesting Facts
Let us start with the basic facts to let you know about when was Linkedin founded, founder of Linkedin and more.
- LinkedIn was founded by Reid Garret Hoffman along with founders of PayPal and Socialnet.com – Allen Blue, Konstantin Guericke, Eric Ly, Jean-Luc Vaillant.
- LinkedIn was set up in December 2002 and launched on May 5, 2003.
- In 2016, Microsoft acquired LinkedIn for a whopping 26.2 billion dollars.
- Jeff Weiner is the CEO of LinkedIn.
- LinkedIn is available in 24 languages which include English, French, Japanese, Polish, Spanish, Swedish, Norwegian, Russian, Turkish, Dutch, Italian, Czech, Indonesian, Danish, German, Korean, Portuguese, Romanian, Malay and more.
- It is the world’s largest professional network on the internet. There are more than 630 million worldwide LinkedIn users.
- LinkedIn purchased SlideShare on May 3, 2012, for $119 million which has now reached 70 million monthly active users.
Don’t Miss: Facebook Hidden And Unknown Facts
LinkedIn Unknown Facts
- The percentage of male users is more than Female users. As of 2019, there are 57% of male users and 43% of female users on LinkedIn.
- Out of the total monthly active users, 40% use Linkedin on a daily basis. And 2 new users join LinkedIn every second.
- Since 2014 more than 50% of global traffic in LinkedIn comes from Mobile.
- LinkedIn has 6 mobile Apps which are very efficient to get things done on the go. These are LinkedIn, SlideShare, LinkedIn Learning, LinkedIn Recruiter, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, and LinkedIn Elevate.
- There are 41% of millionaires who use LinkedIn.
- LinkedIn membership has expanded considerably outside the US as India finds themselves at number 2 with China, Brazil, and UK taking 3rd, 4th, and 5th place respectively. There are more than 70% of LinkedIn users outside the US.
- You will be surprised to know that 25 million LinkedIn profiles are viewed every day by companies and other professionals. So now is the right time to go and make one for yourself.
- The probability of your LinkedIn profile being viewed increases by 11 times if you have a profile picture. If you do not have one, you might seriously consider this fact.
- If you have skills listed on your LinkedIn profile then chances of your profile being viewed rises by 13 times compared to when you have no skills listed.
- “Cloud and distributed computing” and “Statistical Analysis and Data Mining” are the most popular skills to get hired.
- One of the untold facts about LinkedIn is that 89% of all recruiters have recruited someone through LinkedIn.
- Another interesting one is that there are 95% of recruiters on LinkedIn compared to 36% of Jobseekers. Amazing, isn’t it?
Don’t Miss: Reason Behind i In Apple Products
LinkedIn Statistics – Facts, Figures
- LinkedIn is spread and used across 200 countries and territories.
- On an average CEO’s have 930 connections on LinkedIn.
- Users are willing to pay for the premium services of LinkedIn as it proves to be very useful. You will be surprised to know that 39% of total LinkedIn users have Premium i.e. Paid accounts.
- Only 3 million users share content in LinkedIn weekly out of which 30,000 are long posts, which makes it roughly 1% out of all.
- There are around 1.5 million groups on LinkedIn.
- In the US, more than 50% of college graduates use this social platform.
- 9% out of the total users do not have a qualification above than high school.
- 17 minutes is the average monthly time a user spends on LinkedIn.
- 5 is the average number of endorsements per user.
- More than 75,000 developers use LinkedIn API in their products and services.
Reference was taken from below sources while researching the statistics.
Here are other articles to learn more interesting facts.
- How To View LinkedIn Profiles Anonymously
- Does Length Of Cable Affect Charging Speed
- 20 Amazing WhatsApp Facts
These were the unknown facts about professional networking service LinkedIn which many are not aware of. Which is the most surprising fact for you? Share other interesting stuff if you know any that are missed in the article using the comments section below. Happy networking!