LinkedIn is a social network for business where professionals from different domains connect. LinkedIn is pretty useful social network as professionals from different domains join which enables flow of ideas through brainstorming via groups and also it allows professionals to connect with their counterparts. Here, in this article we will be sharing LinkedIn interesting facts which are unknown to many. These facts will be including basic and interesting LinkedIn facts, LinkedIn statistics, facts, figures and other amazing untold facts about LinkedIn.
LinkedIn Interesting Facts
Let us start with the basic facts to let you know about when was Linkedin founded, founder of Linkedin and more.
LinkedIn Basic Facts
- LinkedIn was founded by Reid Garret Hoffman along with founders of PayPal and Socialnet.com – Allen Blue, Konstantin Guericke, Eric Ly, Jean-Luc Vaillant.
- LinkedIn was set up in December 2002 and launched on May 5, 2003.
- Jeff Weiner is the CEO of LinkedIn
- LinkedIn Website is available in 19 languages which includes English, French, Japanese, Polish, Spanish, Swedish, Norwegian, Russian, Turkish, Dutch, Italian, Czech, Indonesian, Danish, German, Korean, Portuguese, Romanian and Malay.
- LinkedIn is the world’s largest professional network on internet. There are more than 350 million total number of LinkedIn users.
Don’t Miss : 5 Most Interesting Facebook Facts
LinkedIn Unknown Facts
- The percentage of Male and Female users is almost equal. In 2014, it was reported that there are 56% of male users and 44% of female users on LinkedIn.
- Since 2014 more than 50% of global traffic in LinkedIn comes from Mobile.
- LinkedIn has 5 mobile Apps which are very efficient and get done things on the go. These are LinkedIn, LinkedIn Connected, LinkedIn Pulse, LinkedIn Recruiter and SlideShare.
- LinkedIn membership has expanded considerably outside US as India finds themselves at number 2 with Brazil, Great Britain and Canada taking 3rd, 4th and 5th place respectively. There are more than 70% of LinkedIn users outside US
- The probability of your LinkedIn profile being viewed increases by 11 times if you have a profile picture. If you do not have one, you might seriously consider this fact.
- If you have skills listed on your LinkedIn profile then chances of your profile being viewed rises by 13 times compared to when you have no skills listed.
- Statistical Analysis and Data Mining is the skill with which most people got hired in 2014.
- One of the Untold facts about LinkedIn is that 89% of all recruiters have recruited someone through LinkedIn
- Another interesting facts about LinkedIn is that there are 94% of recruiters on LinkedIn compared to 36% of Job seekers. Amazing fact about LinkedIn! Isn’t it?
- LinkedIn purchased SlideShare on May 3, 2012 for $119 million.
Don’t Miss : Reason behind i in Apple Products
LinkedIn Statistics – Facts, Figures
- There are 2 new users joining LinkedIn every second.
- LinkedIn is spread and used across 200 countries and territories.
- On an average CEO’s have 930 connections on LinkedIn
- You will be surprised to know that 39% of total LinkedIn users have Premium i.e. Paid accounts.
- There are around 1.5 million groups on LinkedIn
- 17 minutes is the average monthly time a user spends on LinkedIn
- 5 is the average number of endorsements per user.
- More than 175 thousand new LinkedIn profiles are created every day
- More than 75,000 developers use LinkedIn API in their products and services.
Don’t Miss : Twitter Logo is named after Larry Bird
These were the unknown facts about business social network LinkedIn which many are not aware of. Which is the most surprising LinkedIn Fact for you? Share other interesting LinkedIn facts if you know any missed in the article using comments section below. Happy socializing!