Before starting with the procedure to install Wamp Server, it is necessary to know what actually a WAMP Server is. You can say that a WAMP Server is a software package for Microsoft Windows. It consists of Apache web server, MySQL Database, and PHP Programming Language. Although all three can be installed individually, WAMP Server downloads them all in a package for user assistance. WAMP can be called as a variant of LAMP or MAMP. The difference is just that LAMP is used for the Linux server, MAMP for macOS, on the other hand, WAMP is used for Windows.
Now if we talk about ‘Why we need WAMP Server?’, there are plenty of good reasons to get it installed. The most important thing is that the WAMP Server is used for web development. Using WAMP Server a user can test all the features of a website on their device locally. Moreover, WAMP users do not need the hosting account every time they run and test the applications.
Also Read: How To Split Screen On Windows 7, 8 Or 10
Downloading WampServer On Windows 10
It is pretty simple to install WampServer using your Windows 10 PC. All you need is a proper internet connection and then follow the steps given below.
1. Go to the WampServer official website.
2. Now click on the download link, according to your Operating System. i.e 32 bits or 64 bits.
You can check the operating system version of your device with the following steps.
- Right-click on This PC on your device.
- Now click on the Properties option from the various options available.
- After that, look out for your operating system type under the System type heading.
3. After clicking on the download link, a screen will pop up, showing some warnings. You can read the warnings if you want and then click on download directly.
4. WAMP Server setup will start downloading on your device now.
Installing Wamp Server In Your Windows PC
1. After the WAMP Server is downloaded, double click to install it on your device.
2. Now a window will pop-up, asking for permission to make changes on your device. Click on YES.
3. In the next step, select the WAMP Server setup language. You can choose from English and French. Click OK after that.
4. A license agreement will appear after that. Read the agreement if you want and then select I accept the agreement option.
5. In the next step simply click on Next.
6. Now, WAMP Server will ask you for the location of your installation. You can select the location by clicking on the Browse option or you can simply click on Next.
7. Now finally click on Install after choosing the location.
8. After installation, the WAMP Server will explain to you how it works. You can read it and then click on Next.
9. Finally, click on the Finish option to complete the process.
With this, WAMP Server is successfully installed on your Windows 10 system.
Note: According to the WAMP Server, your device must have up to date redistributable packages like VC9, VC10, VC11, VC13, VC14, VC15, else the WAMP Server will not work properly on your device.
Checking Wamp Server Status After Installation
After the installation process is complete you can locate the WAMP Server in the system tray, at the bottom right side of the screen.
The common problem that everyone faces with the WAMP Server is related to its icon color. If the WAMP Server icon is green in color it means that it is active and can be used anytime without any problem. But if the icon is red or orange in color, it means that there is some glitch with the WAMP Server.
Solution To WAMP Server Icon Color
To make the WAMP Server icon green in color, you can follow the methods shown. Although it is really difficult to detect why WAMP Server is not green on your system, the methods below can make it happen.
1. Launch Wamp Server. Next, locate and click on the WAMP Server icon in your device’s system tray.
2. Now simply click on Restart All Services option.
3. This might turn your WAMP server icon green in color.
1. Click on the WAMP Server icon in the system tray and move the cursor to the Apache option.
2. Now move the cursor to Service Administration and then select the Install Service option.
3. A command prompt window will appear, simply close the window by pressing enter.
4. Now again go to the service Administration and click on Start/resume service option.
5. Your WAMP Server icon will turn green now.
You can also try to make the icon green by going to the Service Administration and then clicking on the Restart Service option.
Once the installation is done, restarting your Windows PC might help you make the WAMP Server icon green.
Also Read: How To Fix White Icons On Windows 10
WAMP Server is really a powerful tool and a must for those who want to experience WordPress and its features on their device. Other than that user can also develop attractive websites using it and test them before making them public. Hope this article helped you to install Wamp server in Windows 10 and served your purpose of coming here.