Do you like someone’s stories so much on Instagram that you want a notification when they upload any story? Many pages on Instagram post offers, announcements, and other interesting stuff in their stories and they can’t be missed. Also, sometimes stories of your favorite person are lost in the stories shared by so many people you follow. Follow the quick steps mentioned below to turn on Instagram story notifications to never miss any story by the best pages/accounts. If your story is opposite then you will also get to know how to disable stories notifications.
At times you receive notifications from Instagram that XYZ has posted in a while or XYZ has posted their first story or post. Those first posts and stories notifications become more irritating when you don’t use Instagram much. In the latter half below, we have also explained how you can turn off those notifications.
Turn On/Off Instagram Story Notifications From Particular Accounts
1. Open Instagram and go to the person’s profile for whom you want to receive story notifications.
2. Tap on the three dots icon at the top right of the profile. On iOS, tap on the gear icon.
3. Now, tap on ‘Turn on story notifications‘ at the bottom.
That’s all. From now on, whenever the user uploads a new story on Instagram, you will receive push notifications for the same.
To stop receiving the notifications, you have to again follow the 1st and 2nd step and then tap on ‘Turn off story notifications‘
How To Stop Receiving First Post and Story Notifications On Instagram
1. Open Instagram and go to your profile by tapping on your profile icon at bottom left side.
2. Tap on the three dots icon at the top right of your profile. For iOS users, tap on the gear icon on the profile.
3. Scroll down and under ‘Notifications’ heading, tap on ‘Push Notifications‘.
4. Again scroll down to the heading ‘First Post And Stories‘. Under the heading, tap on ‘Off‘
These were some easy ways to customize your Instagram experience. You can also turn off Instagram live video notifications that are often unwanted.
Instagram has so many features and that’s why there are multiple settings in the push notifications. You can read more about managing various Instagram push notifications. We have cracked many Instagram features in the past and simplified them for you. If you have any queries about any feature, let us know in the comments.