People send emails day in day out and it happens with many users that they forget to attach some documents in Email, copied the wrong person or they clicked on send button and later realize that they missed an important line to add. So if you want to undo a sent email in Gmail, you are at the right place where you will learn how to get back the sent email in Gmail. There is no trick involved, Gmail itself provide you a feature to undo a sent email.
Steps to undo a sent Email in Gmail
You can unsend email only if you have enabled the undo feature in Gmail. To enable the undo feature follow the below steps:
- Login to your Gmail Account.
- Click on the Settings gear icon and then click on Settings as shown in picture.
- Settings window will appear, look for the Labs tab and click on it.
- Next, scroll down and look for the Undo Send and click on the Enable radio button.
- So now if you write an email and sent it, you will get the message that “Your message has been sent” with a Undo option.
- If you click on undo option, it will open the same email composition window to edit the content or attach the documents.
- This feature will help you to undo the sent mail but you will get the option to undo the sent email within 10 seconds by default, after which you will not get the option and the mail will gets delivered to recipient.
How to change undo sent Email duration
By default Gmail provides 10 seconds to recall sent email but you can even change the duration of undo send’s feature from 10 seconds to 5 , 20 or 30 seconds. Below goes the procedure:
- In your Gmail account click on Settings gear icon.
- In settings window under General tab look for Undo Send option. There you can set cancellation period of sent email using drop down to increase or decrease the recall time of sent email.
- After setting the cancellation time, hit the Save Changes button.
READ ALSO: How to logout of Instagram On Other Devices
As you have found this feature inside labs tab, it is the experimental feature of Gmail but it works always and help you to undo a sent email without any issue. Using the above method you can stop a sent email on Gmail and even increase the roll back time of sent email.