iPhone provides a feature where you can set custom ringtone for contact. With this feature you can have a different ringtone for each contact on your iPhone. This feature will help you to figure out the contact even before seeing the calling screen. Here in this article we will throw some light on the same and let you know about how to set a different ringtone for each contact on iPhone.
Recommended : How to speed up your iPhone : Top 7 tips
Set a different ringtone for each contact on iPhone
In order to set custom ringtone for a contact on iPhone you need to know how to make ringtone with iTunes. Follow our article how to make ringtones for iPhone which will let you know about how do you make song your ringtone in iPhone. Once you have made a few ringtones and synced them to your iPhone by following the method mentioned in the link earlier then you are ready to assign those ringtones to different contacts. Also you can assign tones which are coming by default with iPhone.
Follow the steps given below to have customized ringtone for contacts :
- Open up the Phone App in your iPhone and select Contacts Tab
- Tap on any Contact for which you want to assign a ringtone to.
- On selecting the contact, details for that contact will open up. Tap on Edit at top right corner of the screen.
- Here you will see a Ringtone option as shown in the image below. Tap on Ringtone
- All the ringtones added to your iPhone will show up Select the desired one.
- Tap on Done at right corner of the screen. The selected ringtone is assigned to the contact.
- In order to save the changes, Tap on Done at right corner of the screen.
Recommended : How to lock Apps in iPhone
Similarly, you can follow the same method and assign different ringtone for other contacts. We hope that the article helped you to know about how to set different ringtone for each contact on iPhone and you were successfully able to customize ringtone for contacts on iPhone. Let us know how useful you find this feature?