You will be surprised to know that you don’t need any media player to watch videos or movies. What if I told you that you can play videos using Google Chrome Browser? Moreover, you can do that without using any of the best Chrome extensions. If you don’t believe me now, you will be forced to once you read through this page. There is a hidden or unknown Google Chrome feature which lets you play videos too, like you might be using Chrome to view PDF files and images without installing any plugin. Let’s learn how to do that.
Play Videos Using Google Chrome
Amazing Chrome feature allows you to play movies. Here’s how :
1. Launch Google Chrome or open a new tab if already opened.
2. Go the video or movie which you want to play on your laptop or desktop.
3. Drag and drop the video on to Google Chrome new tab which you opened earlier.
There you go! Yes, it’s that simple and all this time you were not aware of that! You will also get options to play the video in Full screen mode and volume control as well.
1. If you try to use Open With on right clicking the video and selecting Google Chrome, the video won’t be played and you will get error as shown below.
So, it will only work if you drag and drop the video.
2. I was only able to play .mp4 and .mkv format videos and not .avi. So, Chrome doesn’t support avi format videos. If you come across other formats which Chrome isn’t able to play please spread the word via comments section below.
ALSO READ : Lock Mozilla Firefox And Chrome With A password
Did you like the cool Chrome feature which allows you to play movies without any media player? Do share with your friends and let them know about this too!