Suppose someone has sent you a message on WhatsApp but you want to reply to that message once the person goes offline. Keeping the blue ticks on, if you try to open the chat, he or she will get to know that you have read the message but you are not replying. So it’s better get to know the online status without reading the message even if blue ticks are on. But how you will do that? In this article I have explained how for a particular contact you can get to know online status without reading message in WhatsApp.
Note: This is only for Android users, as the feature is not available for iPhone and Windows OS.
READ ALSO: Backup videos in WhatsApp
Steps to know online status without reading message in WhatsApp
Follow the below steps to get to know how you can achieve the same.
- Open your WhatsApp app.
- In the recent chat list, tap on the photo of a person you want to get to know the online status.
- A pop up Window will appear on your device with chat, WhatsApp call and info options.
- Tap on info icon, this will show user info.
- In user info screen, below the Name of the user, you can see the last seen/online status.
- And once you press back button it will not open the conversation screen with that person, however it will take you to the recent chat list of WhatsApp, from where you came. So you have not read the message of that person and get to know the last seen status.
The pop up window feature helps you achieve this. Hope iOS and Windows mobile OS soon have this feature so that they also can make use of it.
Now as you get to know the online status of that person without reading his or her message, you can do whatever you want, either send a reply to that message or don’t.