When you become friends with someone on Facebook, it appears on your friend’s news feed. It shows “abc is now friends with xyz” on your friend’s news feeds and then you left with no privacy you want. Some users don’t like it to appear on news feed as they don’t want their friends to get to know about whom you have recently become friends with. In our previous article we have explained how you can hide friend list on Facebook from certain or all friends, but in this article, I am going to explain about how to hide who became friends with on Facebook.
Steps To Hide Who Became Friends With On Facebook
The below method is really easy to follow so that you can stop Facebook from notifying others about your new friend’s activity.
- Open your Facebook account and go to your profile.
- Next, click on View Activity log button.
- Now in the Activity log panel on left hand side, click on MORE.
- Next, you will see more filters, click on Friends.
- Now you will see the all the activity with whom and when you became friends with. In this page, at the top, you will see an icon as shown in the picture below.
- Click on that icon and it will list you with options.
- Uncheck New Friend Reports to stop notifying others that you have became friend with someone. That’s it.
When it comes about privacy on Facebook, users are to much concerned about their data like photos, videos, posts and other stuffs on Facebook. Here is one of the article on how to make your Facebook profile completely private.
The above method is really easy to stop friends from knowing that you have became friend with someone on Facebook. If still, you came across any issues, do let us know via comments.