As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Who doesn’t love watching movies and TV shows? Of course, we all do. And when we use streaming services like Kodi, our streaming experience simply doubles up. With the help of various features and add-ons, the app is building itself as the best streaming app. And one such add-on of Kodi is adding subtitles to media.
Sometimes due to the bad audio quality or due to ambient noise, it becomes hard to understand the audio. In these types of situations, it becomes necessary to add subtitles to your media. But most of the time it becomes really hard to find the subtitles and even if we find them, they are mismatching. But this is not the case with Kodi. When you stream movies and TV shows using this great app, you can add subtitles to them using the best subtitle services available, and that too very easily.
Before we start with the steps to get subtitles on Kodi, it is recommended that you update the app to its latest version. Right now the latest version of this app is Kodi 18.3 Leia.
Also Read: How To Clear Cache On Kodi
Add Subtitles To Movies And TV Shows On Kodi
For some subtitle services like OpenSubtitles.org, you need to register with them on their official website before making them your default subtitle service on Kodi. While for others you don’t need to register. In this article, we are going to explain the steps using OpenSubtitles.org.
The steps mentioned below work the same for Windows PC, Android, Mac and other devices supported by Kodi. In this article, we are making use of an Android device.
Adding Subtitle Add-on
1. Fire up the Kodi app on your device and tap on the Settings icon on the top left of the screen.
2. After that, tap on the Add-ons option available on the top shelf.
3. Now tap on Install from repository.
4. In the next step, tap on the Kodi Add-on repository. Using this option you can install various add-ons from the official Kodi services.
5. Now you can see various add-ons available. Scroll down a bit and select the Subtitles option.
Installing Subtitle Services On Kodi
Once the subtitle add-on has been successfully added, now you need to add the subtitle service that you want to run in your movies and shows.
1. Continuing from the 5th step above, select the subtitles service for your movies and TV shows. As we mentioned earlier, we are going to choose OpenSubtitles.org.
2. In the next window, tap on the Install option. In a few moments, the subtitle service will get installed.
3. Now again tap on the service that you opted for and then select Configure from the various options available.
4. For any service that demands the registration, you have to provide the Username and Password of that service and then tap on OK.
5. Once the configuration is done, come back to the home screen of the app and select the Settings icon.
6. Choose the Player option from the second shelf now.
7. From the options given on the left-hand side, select Language and then tap on the Languages to download subtitles for on the right-hand side.
8. Now select the language in which you want the subtitles. By default, it is set to English but you can change it to other languages as well. After selecting the language, tap on OK.
9. On the same screen, scroll down to the last and select the Default TV show service. You need to select Default movie service option to run the subtitle services in movies.
10. Now choose the subtitle service you desired.
Your desired subtitle streaming service has been set. It was a one time labor to enjoy the media with subtitles on Kodi for a long time.
Get Subtitles On Kodi
Once the Add-ons are done and the subtitle services have been selected, the typical work is done. Now it is really easy to add the subtitles to the desired media.
1. Launch the media for which you want the subtitles and click on the subtitle icon at the bottom right.
2. Now make sure that the button in front of the Enable subtitles is toggled on. If it’s already toggled on, you will automatically see the subtitles on the selected media.
3. If you face any problem or if the subtitles do not appear, you can simply tap on the Download subtitle… and search for the subtitles manually by tapping on Manual search string. You can also browse the subtitles inside the phone if you have them locally on your device by tapping Browse for subtitles.
Now finally you can enjoy your favorite movies and TV shows with subtitles from the best subtitle services in the market.
Also Read: How To Add Exodus To Kodi
The best part about subtitles on Kodi is that not only English, but you can opt for various other languages too which you are comfortable with. Although we tried to keep the steps as simple as we could, even then if you face any problem in getting the subtitles on Kodi, do let us know in the comments below.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.