Tutorial to download Instagram Photos and Videos from the computer as well as smartphone be it Android or iOS. Latest working solution to save pictures from Instagram.
Are you fed up of taking screenshots to save your favorite Instagram Photos? Looking for a method/trick to download pictures and videos of your Instagram followers without taking screenshots? You will surely get it by the end of this article. So, without wasting any time let’s go ahead and learn about the different methods of saving photos and videos from Instagram.
If you are looking to save multiple photos of any user then you can use this easy method in our latest article to download Multiple Instagram Photos at once.
Download Instagram Photos and Videos
In this method, you will learn how to download Instagram photos and videos from Computer.
Save Photos from Instagram to Computer
1. Visit Instagram from Chrome browser on your computer.
2. Below Sign Up form you will have an option to Login. Click on that.
2. Enter your Instagram Username and Password. Click Login.
3. Right Click on the Photo or Video you want to download and Select Inspect
4. You will notice a sidebar with a lot of code appearing. It may appear from below and depends on the setting you have done.
5. There will be a div tag which is collapsed just above the div which is highlighted in blue. Click on it so that it Expands.
6. Under the div which you expanded above, you should find img tag. The img tag will have an src attribute. In the case of video, there will be both the tags img as well as video. img tag has the thumbnail details of the video and video tag has information about the actual video. So, you should focus on video tag if you desire to download the video.
7. The src attribute has the URL where you can find that image or video. As you can notice it starts with https so it’s the URL where that image/video is uploaded/stored. Hover the cursor over URL and double click.
8. You can now copy the URL using Ctrl +C or by right clicking on the URL and selecting Copy. Paste the URL in a new tab and press Enter.
9. The image/video will be loaded. Right Click on the image or video and Select Save Image as… or Save video as… respectively.
10. Give the desired name to image or video and Click Save.
If you want to download pictures from Instagram on your iPhone, Android smartphone then you can make use of third party apps.
Save Instagram Pictures and Videos on iPhone
Personally, I use Instasave and it works perfectly for me on iPhone. There are many apps in iOS App store but I have not tried those. Please note that as of June 2016 there are two apps with the name of InstaSave but the one I use is
InstaSave – Download Your Own Photo & Video and Repost on Instagram for Free(removed from App Store) as the other one doesn’t quite work. I will be using the same app for screenshots as well from my iOS device.
1. Download app using the link above and install the app on your iPhone/iPad.
2. Open InstaSave app once installation completes. It will ask for access to your Photos, tap on OK.
3. On the next screen select Login with Instagram.
4. Enter your Instagram Username, Password and tap Log in.
5. InstaSave will ask for permissions to access your account. Select Authorize.
Note: You can remove third party apps to access your Instagram account whenever desired.
6. Your Instagram feed will be loaded in the app. You can select the photo or video you wish to save to your iPhone or iPad Camera roll.
7. At the bottom right of the photo/video, you will find a Save icon. Tap on it. Highlighted in red in the image below.
Selected photo/video will be saved to your Camera Roll.
Download Instagram Photos and Videos on Android
There are many third party apps to save Instagram photos and videos on Android. But few won’t work and of course, I have not tried all of them.
App 1 – Instube
Instube not only works for Instagram but also lets you download videos from YouTube, Facebook etc. It is free and easy to use.
- To get started, download the app from their official website. It is not available on Play Store.
- After downloading the app all you need is the Instagram video URL and the rest is taken care of by this app.
- To get the URL, open Instagram app and go the desired video. Once you are there tap on the 3 dots icon at the top right just above the video and select Copy Share URL.
- After copying head over to Instube app. In a few seconds, Instube fetches the video from the URL and a menu will appear. Tap on Video to download the Instagram video.
After the download is complete the video can be viewed either from the Instube app or from smartphone’s gallery.
App 2 – InstaSave
InstaSave for Instagram also allows you to save Instagram photos and videos to Gallery but with a few more taps when compared to Instube. Let’s have a look at the procedure.
1. Download the app from the above link and install it on your Android device.
2. Open Instagram App, once InstaSave app is installed.
3. Tap on three vertical dots at the bottom of the Photo or Video you desire to download to your phone and select Share.
4. On the next screen select Share via InstaSave.
5. Select Photo will open in InstaSave and you will find a Save icon at bottom right of the picture or video. Tap on it.
Photo and Video will be successfully saved to your Android phone Gallery.
These were the methods which I use to download Instagram Photos and Videos to the computer, iPhone and Android phone. If you found them useful, please share with your friends.
Do you use any other method or any other app to download Instagram Photos and videos? Please share in the comments section with everyone.