Facebook doesn’t allows you to download videos, there could be any reason behind it, might be security or some future plans of Facebook. But we will help you out through this. We posted earlier how you can download Facebook videos from you laptop or a PC but if you want to download videos from Facebook in Android phone or tablet then this article will help you out. You can easily download Facebook videos in Android depending upon how you are using. There is a different method if you are using Facebook on browser and different for the Facebook App. Both the methods are explained below.
Method 1: Download Facebook Videos in Android directly
You can use this method only if you are using Google Chrome browser for Facebook.
- If you are using Facebook on Google Chrome browser then you can easily download the videos without any thirty party app or a tool.
- First you need to tap on the play icon on video, once the video start playing long tap on the video. This will popup an option “Save video”.
- Tap on “Save video”, it will automatically start downloading the video.
- You can easily find the video inside the gallery (videos section). If you are unable to see it over there than you can use any file manger and navigate to Download folder, inside that you will find the downloaded video.
Note: This method will only work for the videos that are uploaded on Facebook, and not for the videos which are shared on Facebook by other websites like YouTube.
ALSO READ: How to logout of Facebook remotely
Method 2: Download Facebook videos using Android App
To download Facebook videos, you need to install an Android app on your device that will provide you the options to easily download the desired video. But for this you have to either like, share or comment on a video that you want to download.
- Open Google Play Store on your Android device.
- Search for “MyVideo Downloader for Facebook”. Install this app on your device.
- After the installation, open this app and login to your Facebook account.
- Now click on the wrench icon at top left corner, this will open the menu.
- Tap on My videos, this will list out options for you.
- If you have liked that video, tap on Liked videos.
- It will show you all the liked videos, now you can download it by tapping on the icon shown in the picture.
- After downloading the video, you can find it in video gallery section in your Android device.
Both the above methods are working and pretty easy to use. Still if you are facing any issue while downloading videos from Facebook then do let us know. I will keep updating with new methods to download Facebook videos.