Video sharing via WhatsApp is a sheer fun. But owing to the restrictions upon the file size which WhatsApp has imposed, one cannot go beyond sending a file greater than 16 MB. Therefore, in order to share large video files, one definitely needs to be equipped with some handy tools to compress videos for WhatsApp. Here we cover the same separately for Android, Desktop, and iOS users. Have a look.
Methods to Compress Videos for WhatsApp
Play Store is having a large number of video compressor apps with which you can easily reduce videos size in an effortless manner and share consequently on WhatsApp. You can use any suitable app which fits the bill. I have used the app which you can easily get from Play Store.
Here is a step by step guide to do the same.
1) Open Google Play Store and search for the “VideoShow- Video Editor, Video Maker with Music” app or click here.
2) Once you are done with the installation, open the app.
3) Tap on the “Compress” button after opening the app. After that, all your videos shall be displayed in an arranged manner.
4) After selecting the desired video you have to select the option to perform the compression of the video. In this app, the button on the top right corner is used for the same. As soon as you press this button, you will be asked to choose the video quality among the different options.
5) With the video now compressed, you can now tap on the WhatsApp icon to share the video via WhatsApp. After pressing the icon, the video will be exported to WhatsApp and can be readily shared now.
Online Video Compressor Tools
If you use WhatsApp Web via your Desktop or Laptop, then you can easily compress the videos using any online video compressor tool. We used the free online video compressing tool called as “videosmaller”.
1) Open videosmaller and click on the “Browse” option to select the video file from your computer system which you want to compress.
2) After that tap on the “Upload video” button. It will show the status as completed. Just download the file by clicking on the downloading option.
3) Now, go to your WhatsApp Web page and click on the attach button on the top right corner, and select “Photos & Videos” icon.
4) After that, you can select the compressed video easily from your system and after the selection of the compressed video just send it by pressing the send button similar to the one in the app version of WhatsApp.
Here, we have compressed videos for WhatsApp on Android and WhatsApp web version. However, the method is more or less the same for iOS users too. You can use this handy app named “Smart Video Compressor” for WhatsApp video compression available readily on App Store.
App Link: iOS
We sincerely hope that you liked this tutorial. You can even subscribe to our newsletter to get such informative tutorials delivered straight away to your inbox. More so, do share this tutorial if you found it useful.