Finally, after some wait we got the feature to reshare Instagram posts from feed to stories on our phones – both Android and iPhone. Actually, the option to disable resharing of your photos and videos to someone else’s stories came a few months ago in February 2018 on our devices but the actual feature came now. The latest addition is great for users who are used to taking screenshots of other users posts and then uploading it to their story. From now on you can do so in a couple of taps. Not only that, you can even share your posts directly to your stories. Here, we have mentioned simple steps you can use to share posts to stories on Instagram.
Share Someone Else’s Instagram Posts To Your Stories
If you are looking to share someone’s Instagram stories to your story then that’s not available officially currently. However, you can send someone’s Instagram story to others via Instagram Direct provided they haven’t disabled it for their account.
Coming back to resharing of posts from feed to stories, here are the steps you need to follow.
I have used the steps and screenshots from the iPhone app for this guide. That said, there’s not much of a difference for Android app.
1. The most important thing you have to do is update the Instagram app to the latest version from the respective app stores.
2. Open the app after updating it. Now, when you are at the desired post in your news feed or hashtag screen, tap on the Direct option (paper plane icon) present below the photo/video.
3. Next, you will see a new option that says – Add post to your story apart from friends and groups showing up. Tap on it.
4. With this, you will be taken to stories screen on which the post is automatically added. It will also have the username of the owner of the post. You can tap on the post to switch to another card-like style which shows the post with the caption.
5. It is also possible to move, rotate, resize the added card similar to any other sticker. You can do all the editing you would do for any other story post like adding hashtags, text or drawing.
After you are satisfied you can post it to your story.
As I mentioned earlier, similarly you can even share your posts to your stories.
Share Posts To Stories On Instagram – Things To Know
You won’t get the option to Add post to your story if the account is private as it is only possible for public profiles. If the account is public and you still don’t see the option then most probably the owner of the post has turned off resharing of their posts to stories. We didn’t observe any notification for the post owner when someone shares posts to stories. Most probably you too won’t get it unless Instagram changes it in the future.
When someone views such story they will be able to see the owner username and can tap on the card/sticker which gives an option to See Post. Tapping on it will take them to the original post.
This recent addition is definitely going to increase the number of stories uploaded per day. Is this something useful for you? Are you going to keep the sharing on/off for your account? Let us know by dropping a comment below.