As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
IGTV is the hottest thing right now when it comes to Social Media and Instagram. With IGTV bringing longer form videos to the table it is definitely been accepted well by brands and users. I am already seeing a lot of videos in the IGTV channels of the accounts I follow. If you also have started uploading IGTV videos to your channel then you may also consider sharing them directly on Facebook. It goes without saying that still the most of the audience is there on Facebook and why miss out on reaching to the users there. In this guide, we have explained how you can share IGTV videos on Facebook – to your account’s Timeline or any of your pages that you manage.
You can maximize the reach of your creative IGTV videos by posting them on Facebook. You don’t have to do it manually as there is a direct option from IGTV Android/iOS app for doing that.
So, let’s get to the methods.
Post IGTV Videos On Facebook Profile Or Page
It is possible to use IGTV from the Instagram app itself or from its own app. Sharing IGTV videos to Facebook will depend on the app you’re accessing IGTV from. I have mentioned the steps for both.
1st Method: From IGTV App – Link IGTV To Facebook
1. Open the IGTV and go to Settings by tapping on the cog icon at the right of the screen.
2. Now, tap on Linked Accounts.
3. Next, tap on Log in and enter your Facebook account credentials and tap Log In. Give the necessary permissions.
If you are using the Facebook app on your device then it will automatically login to that account when you tap on Log in.
4. After you sign in, you will be able to see your profile as well as all the Facebook pages you own. Select your Facebook Profile or page where you wish to share the IGTV video.
5. Now, go back to the home screen and tap on your profile avatar to go to your channel. Tap on + icon on the right-hand side to upload a video.
6. Select the desired video and tap Next.
7. Fill out the Title and Description. Now, the most important part – under Make Visible On section toggle the Facebook button to ON and it will automatically share the IGTV video to the Facebook profile or page you selected above.
8. Tap on Post.
That’s all there’s to it. When your video is uploaded on IGTV then after a few minutes it will also show up on the select Facebook profile or page.
You can always switch between different Facebook pages and profile from the Settings.
2nd Method: Share IGTV Videos On Facebook Using Instagram App
- On the Instagram app, you have to link your Facebook account. You can follow the steps in section 3 of this article. If you have already linked your Facebook account then skip this step.
- After the linking is complete, come back to your news feed or home screen. Tap on the IGTV icon at the top.
- Once you are in the IGTV section follow the same steps 5th-8th from the 1st method above.
There’s a lot of work that goes into creating videos. And it’s naive to not put that hard work in front of the maximum number of users. Sharing your IGTV videos to Facebook will help you in achieving the maximum reach for your video. So, don’t forget to configure this setting.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.