GIFs are everywhere on the internet. People use them mostly to express unusual feelings for which words are not enough. They are small in size and you can upload or comment them on various social media quickly. Though there are millions of GIFs (Graphics Interchange Format) available on many apps and websites, it is always fun to make some of your own. I often create a GIF when I see any relatable expression while watching a video. So, here are some easy steps to make GIF from video on Android and iPhone.
How To Convert Video To GIF On iOS Or Android
Note: The video to GIF maker app I am mentioning here is available on both the platforms Android and iOS. It has a lot of features that can be used to edit the GIFs too. I have used Redmi Note5 Pro to make this tutorial. The process will be pretty much same on other phones too.
2. Tap ‘Photos to GIF‘ on the top left and from the appeared menu, tap on ‘Video to GIF‘. You will see all the videos available on your phone, sorted by time of saving or creation.
3. Tap on the video which you want to convert to GIF. If you have too many videos, you can also tap on ‘Gallery‘ and find the video faster from the specific folder. Once you find the video, tap to open it.
4. When your video is opened, you will see the sliders at the top. Using the sliders, trim the part of the video that you want to convert. After selecting, tap on ‘NEXT‘ at the top right to convert video to GIF.
5. On the next screen, you have all the options to edit the GIF. The sliders can be again used to trim the exact part that is needed. You can pause, crop, apply filters, choose to play the GIF backward etc. You can also add the text in different fonts and colors. There is also an option to increase or decrease the playing speed of the GIF. Once you have done all the editing, again tap on ‘NEXT‘ on the top right.
6. Now your GIF is ready to serve. Tap on the ‘Save’ icon and choose the quality from available options to save it to the Gallery. Or you can directly share the GIF to social networks like Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp etc.
How To Make GIF From Video On WhatsApp
You might not want to use any extra video to GIF maker app if you are one of 1.5 billion WhatsApp users. There is another method to convert video to GIF on WhatsApp. Remember that the maximum length of the GIF created this way can only be 6 seconds.
1. Import the video to WhatsApp from your Gallery/Camera Roll whose part you want to convert to GIF.
2. Select any conversation and tap on the ‘tick‘ button at the bottom right.
3. Using the sliders, select the required part of the video you want to convert to GIF. You can select just 1-6 seconds long part.
4. After selecting that part, toggle the ‘Video/GIF’ icon at the right side above the video and tap on the ‘send’ icon at the bottom.
These were pretty simple ways to make GIF from videos on Android and iPhone. You can share your GIFs with Giphy and other social networks after making them. If you found this article helpful, you can share this too.