Stories on Instagram last for 24 hours like on any other social media platform. However, more often than not you would like to keep them forever either because you’ve put in a lot of efforts in preparing them or they are quite memorable for you. For the same reasons, Instagram pushed in an update last year (2017) that allowed you to archive stories. When the option is enabled, your uploaded stories are saved automatically on Instagram servers for the lifetime. That said, there’s a possibility to delete archived stories on Instagram from Android or iOS.
As not all the stories deserve to be saved – here’s how you can remove the desired ones.
If you are also interested in hiding or archiving posts on your profile then go through this guide.
Remove Instagram Stories From Archive
The screenshots used here are from Android app but the change is minimal for iPhone users.
1. Open the Instagram app and go to your profile screen.
2. Under your profile, tap on the clock icon at the top. By default, you will see the Posts Archive. Tap on it and then select Stories Archive from the drop-down menu.
3. Now, all your archived stories will be shown and they will also be labeled with the date. Tap on the story you wish to delete.
4. When viewing the story, tap More ( 3 dots) at the bottom right and select Delete.
5. Confirm by tapping on Delete once again on the next pop-up.
Doing this, will remove that story from the archive and hence from Instagram servers. You can perform the same steps for other stories you wish to delete from the stories archive.
We hope that you were able to delete archived stories on Instagram. Archiving is a handy option to automatically save your stories but at the same time, Instagram got you covered if you don’t wish to keep certain stories in the archive with the delete option.
If you found this tutorial helpful then don’t forget to share it with fellow Instagrammers.