Snapchat was the first app to bring self-destructing messages. This means that the sent or received snaps and text messages are automatically deleted once viewed. To keep an archive of self-destructing messages, we told you a few ways with which you can download videos and save photos added to a Snapchat story. This time around we are here with the tutorial to let you know how you can save Snapchat messages on Android or iOS.
Sometimes, you would like to keep a record and history of important conversations. You can do so by archiving such chats so that they don’t get removed after viewing like other messages. Snapchat provides an easy way to do so. Here’s how.
Archive Text Messages On Snapchat
1. Open the Snapchat app and go to chats by tapping on the chat icon at the bottom left.
2. Now, open the chat of the friend whose message you want to save.
3. After that, tap on the specific message you want to archive. That’s it, it will be saved in your conversation.
Similarly, you can archive other messages in that conversation or other conversations.
Key Things To Note
1. The messages are saved in the conversation of both the parties. This means that the other person can see that you have saved a message as it will be shown as saved in the conversation on their phone and vice versa.
2. Only the person who archived the message can Unsave it by tapping on the saved message again. Until then, the saved message will keep showing in the conversation for both the parties.
3. The saved message will be highlighted in gray in the conversation for both friends.
So, as you can see it is a matter of a single tap to save Snapchat messages and archive them in the chat. But again, you need to keep the few points in mind mentioned here to understand the feature properly. If you found the article helpful then don’t forget to share it on social media.