Tagging friends in a post is a great way to notify them that you have added a photo or video of them. Along with that the photo or video is also included in their profile in Photos of You section. But this can backfire for some posts which you don’t really want to be seen on your profile. For this reason, Instagram lets you hide certain photos in which you’re tagged from your profile. If you are looking to do something similar then this tutorial will help you out. Here we have mentioned steps to hide tagged photos on Instagram from Android and iOS. Additionally, you will also learn how to hide multiple tagged posts at once. So, let’s get to it.
Hide Tagged Photos on Instagram
The screenshots used here are from the iPhone app but there isn’t any difference in method for Android.
1. Open the Instagram app and go to your profile by tapping on the profile icon at the bottom right.
2. On your profile tap on the Photos of You section. This will show all the posts in which you are tagged. Tap on the desired photo or video that you want to hide.
3. Now, tap on the 3 dots at the top right of the post and select Photo Options.
4. On the pop-up box, select Hide from My Profile and select Done at the top right.
It is also possible to untag yourself from the photo by tapping on More Options in the same dialog box. But before you do that please note that you won’t be able to bring back the photo or video on your profile later if desired. However, if you only hide you can always unhide and make the post reappear in Photos of You section on your profile.
Similarly, you can hide other posts. But if you have quite a lot of photos to hide then you can also do that in one go. Here’s how.
Hide Multiple Tagged Photos At Once
1. Open the Instagram app and go to your profile screen.
2. Under your profile tap on the Wheel icon(iOS) and 3 dots(Android).
3. Next, select Photos of You in Account section.
4. Now, tap on Hide Photos.
5. From here select the multiple photos and videos you wish to hide and tap on Hide Photos(iOS) and hide icon(Android) at the top right. Confirm by selecting Hide From Profile.
With this, the selected tagged photos and videos will be hidden from your profile.
We hope that you were able to hide tagged photos or videos on Instagram. If you face any issues do let us know in the comments below.