In earlier iOS version, it was possible to hide message preview in push notifications. With iOS 11, Apple has introduced the similar setting for all the third-party apps and a universal setting that can be used for turning on/off notification previews for all the apps at once. Read on to learn the steps to hide notification previews for all or certain apps on iPhone or iPad.
You might want to hide the notification content when you’re away from your phone for your privacy. On disabling the preview you will get the app name and a notification label instead of the details. For instance, Instagram push notification for a post like will change from “[username] liked your post.” to “Notification”.
Let’s hop onto the steps now.
Hide Notification Previews For All or Certain Apps on iPhone/iPad
- Open Settings.
- Select Notifications in Settings.
- Now, tap on Show Previews at the top.
- Select When Unlocked to disable previews when your phone is locked or Never to disable them completely. This will hide notification previews for all the installed apps at once. You may enable then from the same place later whenever desired.
- To hide or show notification previews only for specific apps you can tap on the desired app under Notifications.
- At the bottom, you will find Show Previews. Tap on it.
- By default, all the apps will use the Show Previews setting you have chosen above. However, you can change it for certain apps from here. The available options are similar to what you get for the universal setting.
Also Read: How to hide WhatsApp Message preview
Using the above settings you can easily hide or show notification previews for all or specific apps on an iOS device. Do you find it useful? Share your thoughts in the comments below.
Don’t forget to share the article on social media to let others know about this addition in iOS 11.