If you have been adding Location and Hashtags to your Instagram Stories then Instagram made it easier for other people not following you to explore your stories. With a recent update, the location and hashtag stories are collected under one place story or hashtag story. If your profile is public then your Location or Hashtag stories will be included here. However, if you want to keep your profile public and add location/hashtags to your stories but at the same time don’t want your stories to be included in the hashtags and location stories then continue reading. In this guide, we let you know how to hide your stories from location and hashtags Instagram Stories.
The options to remove your stories from Location or Hashtag story are a bit restricted when compared to hiding or blocking Instagram Stories from specific followers. But the good news is that you can achieve it easily with a few taps on your smartphone screen.
Before we get to hiding the story let us first to hiding the story let us see how you can explore such stories.
How to View or Explore Location and Hashtags Stories on Instagram?
1. Launch Instagram app and tap on the search/explore icon at the bottom of the news feed screen.
2. At the top along with other users stories, you should see Location story(ring with a location icon). Tap on it.
3. You will see all the stories where that particular location is mentioned. Below every story, you will also the uploader of that particular story. You may tap on that username to view their profile.
4. If you wish to see specific location story then use the search bar. Type the name of the location after selecting the Places tab and select it when it shows up in the search suggestions.
5. On the next screen, you will see the story of that location at the top. Tap on it in order to view the photos/videos in the story.
6. To view Hashtag stories, select Tags tab while searching and type the desired hashtag. Tap on the hashtag you are looking for in the suggestions and on the next screen, you will see its story at the top.
If your profile is public and you have used location or hashtags in your story then it will be included in these stories. But you can prevent your stories from showing up here. Here’s how.
Hide Your Stories From Location And Hashtags Instagram Stories
1. Open the Instagram app and open your story where you have added location or hashtag.
2. Tap on the eye icon at the bottom left or swipe upwards. You will see the viewers. Among them, you should see viewers from hashtag or location Story.
3. Tap on the X against it and select Hide to confirm your decision.
With this, even though your profile is public your stories won’t be included in that particular hashtag or location story. Similarly, you can hide your story from other hashtags and location stories.
You can always unhide your stories from location and hashtags stories by tapping on the Hidden text and selecting Unhide Photo/Video.
We hope that you were able to remove or hide your stories from Location and Hashtags Stories. If you found this tutorial informative then please share it on social media.