How to Hide Last Seen, Profile Photo and Status in WhatsApp
WhatsApp has now become more than a popular messaging application with over a 500 million users as it is now used more often than cellular messaging . With WhatsApp having features of having your Profile Picture,Status and showing Last Seen users may want some privacy and want to restrict the viewing of Profile Picture and Status only to their contacts/friends. Additionally you may also want to hide your Last Seen Time . This post is going to let you know about how to hide Last Seen, Profile Photo and Status in WhatsApp via Privacy Settings.
Hide Last Seen, Profile Photo and Status in WhatsApp
Step 1 – Open WhatsApp in your smartphone. Go to Settings.
Step 2 – Inside Settings, select Account and then Privacy.
Step 3 – Here is the place where you can manage your Last Seen,Profile Photo and Status.
- Hiding Last Seen – On Selecting Last Seen you will have 3 options i.e. Everyone,My Contacts and Nobody to choose from. As it is clear from their names depending on the option you choose Last Seen will be shown to those group of people. If you want to hide it from people who are not in your Contact List then Select the option ‘My Contacts‘ then only the people in your Contact List will be able to view your Last Seen.If you want to hide Last Seen from people in your Contact List too then you may choose ‘Nobody‘ then your Last Seen wont be shown to anyone.
Note: You too will not be able to view their Last Seen if you are hiding yours.
- Hiding Profile Photo -In Privacy if you select Profile Photo you will get the same 3 option you got for Last Seen. This can selected as you desire and hide or show your profile picture to group of people you desire.
- Hiding Status – For Hiding Status you need to select Status in Privacy and go on selecting the option you desire as in Hiding Profile Photo or Last Seen.
To have these Privacy Setting in your WhatsApp you will need to have updated version of WhatsApp.
- WhatsApp version 2.11.8 for IOS
- WhatsApp version 2.11.238 for Android.