Facebook being so vast with its features that some users are not even aware of many of the features. One such feature of Facebook is Restricted Friend List. With this feature, you can hide post from friends on Facebook. In this article, I will tell you how this feature stops Facebook friends from seeing your posts.
There are many situations when you don’t want to share a post with your boss or with you family members. You can also share a post with only one person on Facebook directly instead of putting many on restricted list.
Note: If you choose audience as friends while posting then your restricted Facebook friend will not be able to see your Facebook posts. However, the restricted friend on Facebook can see your public post and the post you have tagged him.
How to hide post from friends on Facebook
To stop someone from seeing your Facebook post without unfriend and blocking the person, follow the below steps.
The below method is for Android and for iOS App users.
1) Open the Facebook profile of your friend whom you want to restrict from viewing your post.
2) Once you are on the users’ timeline, tap on the “Friends” button as shown in the picture.
3) You will get a list of options, choose Edit Friend Lists.
4) A new screen will appear. Here scroll down and look for the Restricted option, tap on it.
That’s it. Your friend will not be able to see the post until he is on restricted list.
How to Stop Friend from Seeing Your Facebook Post on Web
If you are using web version of Facebook then follow the steps. The steps are almost same as Android and iOS app apart from couple of options.
1) Open the users’ profile. Use search bar to directly open your friends timeline.
2) On timeline, click on the friend’s button and select Add to another list.
3) Next, scroll down and choose Restricted.
Once you select restricted, a message will pop up showing that the person will not be able to see your Facebook post as long as the user is on restricted list.
You have successfully added your friend on restricted list. Now he/she will not be able to see your Facebook post.
Also, make sure not to keep your post public in order to prevent the user from seeing your post on Facebook.