Instagram, the popular photo and video sharing platform has introduced a new way to find the content that you are passionate about. From now on, there is no need to search for a hashtag and look for the content under that as you can get that delivered directly to your news feed. With the latest update, it is possible to follow hashtags and the popular photos and videos posted under those hashtags will appear on your news feed. Here’s how you can follow/unfollow hashtags on Instagram from Android or iOS.
Make sure you are using the latest Instagram app version on your phone to get the hashtag follow option. Now, let’s look at the steps.
Follow/Unfollow Hashtags On Instagram
1. Open the Instagram app and tap on the search icon at the bottom row.
2. Now, select the Tags tab and type the tag you want to follow.
3. While typing the related tags will appear below. Select the desired tag.
4. On the hashtag screen, you will see a new Follow button below the hashtag story ring.
Similarly, you can go to other hashtags screen in order to follow them.
With this, top posts from followed hashtags will start appearing in your news feed along with the posts from the users you follow. Moreover, you will also be able to see the stories from followed hashtags with the other people stories at the top.
To unfollow hashtags later you can visit the hashtag screen and tap on Following and select Unfollow.
Alternatively, you can also use the following method to unfollow hashtags.
How To View Followed Hashtags
- To view all your followed hashtags, head to your profile screen.
- On your profile screen tap on following.
- Now, select Hashtags tab to view the hashtags you follow.
- Here, you can tap on Following and select Unfollow to unfollow a particular hashtag if desired.
It is also possible to view hashtags followed by other people from their profile using the same method.
The hashtags follow feature allows you to stay on top of the updates that interest you at all times. Did you find the new option useful? Share your thoughts in the comments below.