Facebook reached 2 billion users recently and now they have rolled out Find Wi-Fi feature worldwide. The feature was initially launched in 2016 in a few countries. But now you don’t have to search for public Wi-Fi networks near you manually as the Facebook app will get the job done. With the latest update, it is possible to Find Wi-Fi on Facebook Android and iOS app.
It will display the nearby Wi-Fi hotspots that are available for public use. Here’s how you can use it.
Find Wi-Fi on Facebook
The steps and screenshots are from iPhone app but the method will remain the same for Android with slight changes.
- Enable location services on your phone and allow Facebook access to it.
- Next, launch Facebook on your smartphone and tap on the Hamburger icon at the bottom right.
- Swipe up(come down) until you see Find Wi-Fi. Tap on it.
Note: To get the Find Wi-Fi feature you don’t have to necessarily update the app. It should come without having to do that but in case you don’t see it then update the Facebook app to the latest version from the respective app stores.
- A map showing the name of the place with Visit and Direction link will appear. To see more places on the map zoom out. The other hotspot locations will be marked with a pinkish pin. Tap on them to view their details.
- If you wish to see the available networks in a list view then tap on List at the top right corner. Tapping on the desired network will show the similar options of Direction and open page we get in the Map view.
- To switch back to the Map view tap on Map at top right corner of the screen.
Recommended: 10 Best TV Remote Apps
This is definitely a nifty feature for those who travel a lot and are always on the go. Now, no more asking anyone or using any 3rd app to find Wi-Fi hotspots. You can use the already installed Facebook app.
Don’t forget to share this article to let everyone know about this latest update.