With the evolution of high-quality cameras in the phones these days, the size of the photos are large and sometimes up to 10 or more MB. At times this leads to a lack of storage space on your device and frequent annoying notifications about cleaning the memory. Fortunately, there are apps that can find all the duplicated pictures on your phone that might be stored due to various reasons and delete them at the same time. In this guide, we have mentioned the apps you can use to find & delete duplicate photos on Android and iPhone.
App To Find & Delete Duplicate Photos On Android
‘Duplicate Photos Fixer‘ is an app available for free on Android Play Store. This app lets you delete duplicate & similar photos with a simple procedure. It finds the duplicates very accurately.
You can follow these easy steps to install and use the app.
- Download and install the app from the Play Store using the following link.
- When you open the app you will have options to choose if you want to scan all the images available on the phone memory or just the images of a particular folder or the images taken from your phone camera. Select whatever you prefer and tap on Scan For Duplicates. For this tutorial, I selected Full Scan.
- With this, the app will scan your phone for similar pictures and show you the same in a few seconds. The duplicate photos will be shown in groups. The app will select the photos to be deleted by default. However, you can uncheck the already selected photos if desired by tapping on them. It does not allow you to select all the images of the same group to prevent the loss of data. The size of the image is also shown which helps you decide which photo to keep and which one to delete. After making the selection, tap on the Trash icon at the bottom right.
- Finally, Confirm Delete by tapping on OK.
Delete Duplicate Photos On iPhone Or iPad
Cleaner – Delete Duplicate Photos, Clean – Storage by Farhana Kabir is a useful storage clearing app for your iPhone/iPad. Using this app you can search for all duplicate photos existing on your iOS device and delete them.
- Download and install ‘Cleaner‘ app from the App Store.
- Open the app and select Photo Clean option.
- On the next screen, you can choose Similar Photos or other photo types shown in the app. In this case, I have selected Similar Photos.
- Next, it will show similar photos in groups. Check/Uncheck the photos according to your preference or you can keep it as it is. After you’re satisfied, tap on Delete at the top.
- At last, tap on Delete to confirm.
With the fast camera’s in the latest smartphones and extensive sharing of media in chatting apps, you are bound to have duplicate pictures with time on your smartphone. However, these apps make it a piece of cake to get rid of all the duplicate photos. Do give these apps a try and let us know your experience in the comments section.