Facebook’s On This Day feature is a real treasure when it comes to reminding you of fun and happy times you’ve had in the past. Unfortunately, memories can also be bad, sad and painful. It can be really depressing to see a memory of a friend passing away or a relationship break-up. To prevent that from happening, Facebook allows you to set your own preferences of memories you wish to see. It is possible to stop Facebook from showing bad memories with the specific friend(s) or from particular dates. Here’s how you can filter Facebook memories from iOS/Android app and the website.
If you want to stay on top of your memories then don’t forget to enable notifications for them.
Stop Facebook From Showing Bad Memories
You can set the Facebook On This Day preferences either from the app or their website. We have mentioned steps for both.
Filter Facebook Memories: Desktop
1. Visit the Facebook website and log in to your account if you haven’t already.
2. Now, click on On this Day option present at the left sidebar in Explore section which will show your Facebook memories.
3. Next, click on Preferences which can be found at the top right of the screen.
4. You can easily select the dates and friends on the window which appears next. Click on Edit next to People to remove memories with specific friends.
After that type the name of the desired friend and select their name from the list. You can select multiple friends. Once done, click on Save.
To stop seeing memories from certain dates, click on Edit next to Dates. After that click on Select Dates. It is also possible to set the date range using set start/end date. After the selection click Done. You can set multiple dates if you wish. Finally, click on Save.
With this, Facebook will turn off memories from those dates and with the selected friends.
Alternatively, you can make use of the app.
View Selective Memories With Date And People Filters: App
1. Launch the app and tap on the Hamburger icon(Menu). On Android app, you can spot it at the top right corner while on iOS it is present at the bottom right.
2. Select On This Day from the menu.
3. On the next screen tap on the cog icon at the top right corner and select Preferences.
4. Similar to the website, you can select the dates and friends with whom you don’t want to see memories.
So, these are the options you can use to block sad memories and view only the selective happy ones. If you found the information useful then don’t forget to share the article on social media.