Recently Instagram introduced Story Highlight and Archive feature. Archive allows users to save their stories forever and even show them on their profile as highlights as long as one wants. This definitely brought a lot of joy to people who put a lot of efforts and resources in creating stories. We already covered how you can archive stories automatically and how to use and add story highlight on your profile. In this tutorial, we go a step further and share how to edit stories highlight on Instagram from Android or iOS.
If at any point in time you wish to add or remove photos/videos to/from existing highlights you can do so easily by following the steps given here. It’s also possible to delete the complete highlight altogether.
We assume that you have already created highlight collections. In case you haven’t already then create desired ones by going through our earlier article(link above). Once you have them, proceed further in order to edit them.
Edit Stories Highlight On Instagram
1. Launch the Instagram app and go to your profile by tapping on the profile icon at the bottom right.
2. Now, there are 2 ways to go about it.
- Either tap on the story highlight you wish to edit.
- Tap on More… at the bottom right corner and select Edit Highlight. If you wish to delete a particular photo/video from a highlight then make sure you go to that media. When there, tap on More… and select Remove from Highlight. Confirm by selecting Remove Photo/Video.
- Long press on the desired highlight on your profile. In a few seconds, you will see a menu at the bottom.
- Select Edit Highlight. As mentioned earlier, you can also delete the complete highlight at once. In order to do so select Delete Highlight. Tap Delete to confirm.
3. When you are on the Edit Highlight screen, you can uncheck multiple photos/videos in order to remove them from the highlight. If that’s all you wanted to do then tap on Done at the top right to save the changes. However, if you wish to also add new content then select the Archive tab.
4. Next, you can select the photos/videos you wish to add to the highlight and select Done at the top right.
That will do the job. Similarly, you can edit other Instagram stories highlights. You even have the option to add a cover to a highlight from the editing screen.
These editing options for highlight allows you to keep the updated and relevant content on your profile continually. If you found the article useful then don’t forget to share it other Instagrammers. If you face any issues then drop a comment and let us know.