Are you looking to control data usage on your Android or iOS device? On looking at the data consumed by each app in the Settings I found out that Twitter consumes a lot of it compared to the other apps. It was then when I started looking for ways to minimize internet consumption by the Twitter app. If that’s the case with you too then continue reading. In this tutorial, we will let you know how to disable videos autoplay on Twitter Android and iOS app. Stopping autoplay videos will go a long way in reducing the data usage by the Twitter app. So, let us get going.
Disable Videos Autoplay on Twitter
Apart from data consumption if you are thrown off by videos auto-playing in your Twitter news feed then you can easily stop them from doing so. Here’s how.
1. Launch the Twitter app on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Tap on the Me tab at the bottom right of the screen to navigate to the profile screen.
3. Under Me tab, tap on the cog icon next to your account’s profile picture.
4. Next select Settings and privacy.
5. On the next screen tap on Data usage in General section.
6. Now, tap on Video Autoplay under Video.
7. Finally, select Never to stop auto-playing videos in news feed. You may select Wi-Fi only if desired. In that case, videos will autoplay when the smartphone is connected to a Wi-Fi connection while keeping them disabled on cellular data.
Recommended: How to Clear Documents and Data for Twitter iOS App
1. Open Twitter app and tap on your profile picture at the top left corner.
2. On tapping the profile icon, a drawer will appear from the left side. Select Settings and privacy from there.
The rest of the steps are similar to what we did on the iOS app. Select Data usage > Video Autoplay > Never to disable auto playing of videos on the Twitter Android app.
Recommended: How to stop autoplay videos on Facebook
We hope that you were able to turn off video autoplay on the Twitter app. If you face any issues then please let us know in the comments.