Instagram allows you to log in with your Facebook account for easy and quick access. However, the users who have done so might have faced several issues and probably that’s the reason you’re reading this. When you log in via Facebook you don’t have any password for the associated Instagram account. But later if you wish to log in using your id and password, change the password or deactivate the account, you cannot. Simply because all of these operations require your Instagram password which does not exist. This is a major issue that Instagram has failed to fix until now. Nevertheless, we will get around this glitch and disable log in with Facebook on Instagram account. Here’s how.
The screenshots used here are from the Android app but there isn’t any difference for iOS.
Disable Log In With Facebook on Instagram Account
1. Open Instagram and go to your profile screen by tapping on the profile icon at the bottom right.
2. Under your profile tap on 3 dots(Android) at the top right or gear icon(iOS).
3. Now, select Change Password in Account section.
4. On the Change password screen tap on the link at the bottom that says – “Forget Password? Reset using Facebook.” as you don’t have the current password.
5. Next, you will be prompted to log in using your Facebook account credentials. After typing them, tap on Log in.
6. After successful login, you will get a screen that allows you to change the password without requiring the current one. Enter the desired password, confirm it and tap on tick mark icon at the top right of the screen.
That’s all there is to it! You will get a message on the screen that reads “Your password was changed”. To validate the same you can log out of your account and log in using your Instagram username and password set above.
You can also use the same password to deactivate your account if desired.
We hope that you were able to disable log in with Facebook on Instagram. If you think the article is going to help someone you know then don’t forget to share it with them.