Follow our tutorial on Delete WhatsApp account permanently to get rid of your WhatsApp account on iPhone, Android and Windows. If you rarely use WhatsApp or it has been more of a distraction in the recent past then defiinitely you should consider deleting your WhatsApp acount.
With over a billion users now, WhatsApp is no doubt the best instant messenger you can get today. However, with a lot of options like Facebook Messenger, Kik, Viber, Line and many more, one may get annoyed with multiple chat notifications popping all over your phone. Therefore, it is better to get rid of the one’s which are not that useful for you.
You may use hacks to use WhatsApp for educational purposes but sometimes these are not enough to improve productivity. The options left for you are either Mute conversations, disable notifications and finally if this doesn’t help then it is time to delete the account.
Delete WhatsApp account
Please note the following before proceeding ahead.
What happens when you delete WhatsApp account?
1. Your account will be deleted, therefore you won’t appear in your friends WhatsApp contact list(Favorites).
2. You will be removed from all the WhatsApp groups.
3. All the chat history and backup is deleted from iCloud/Google Drive/Phone.
Keeping the above points in mind, I recommend you to take backup before deleting your account. Backup will help you to restore WhatsApp messages whenever you wish to come back again.
Disable WhatsApp Account : iPhone
1. Open WhatsApp and select Setings tab at the bottom right corner.
2. Select Account under Settings.
3. Next, select Delete My Account.
4. Finally enter your registered phone number with WhatsApp account and select Delete My Account.
Deactivate WhatsApp account : Android
1. Open WhatsApp and tap on 3 vertical dots(for some phone’s it will be a physical button) at the top right corner.
2. Select Settings from the list of options.
3. Next, select Account.
4. Under Account, select Delete my Account.
5. Enter your WhatsApp number and select Delete My Account.
Delete WhatsApp Account : Windows
1. Go to WhatsApp settings by tapping on 3 horizontal dots(More) and selecting Settings.
2. Under Settings, select Account.
3. Select Delete Account.
4. Enter your registered WhatsApp number and tap Continue.
Also read the following tutorials to delete other account if desired.
So, these were the above methods for iOS, Android and Windows which will allow you to delete WhatsApp account. Share the tutorial with your friends if you found it useful. Leave a comment if you have any query.