Tutorial to delete Facebook Search History on Android or iPhone/ iPad. Ultimate guide to delete a particular search or delete Facebook Search History completely from Android or iOS Facebook App.
It’s no denying the fact that each one of us has searched for other users profiles and photos at some point of time. Facebook stores all of the searches made by any user on it’s server. This search history shows up as soon as one taps on search bar at the top. You might want to delete search history as someone can get to know about the profiles you have been stalking by looking at the list which appears when you tap on the search bar.
Earlier we mentioned about how to view and delete Facebook search history from Web and today we are going to share about how to achieve the same with Facebook mobile App as most of the users are using Facebook App instead of Facebook on Web.
Delete Facebook Search History : iOS, Android App
For this tutorial, I will be using steps and screenshots from Facebook App for iOS version 59.0. Similar to the previous guides I have written, I would like to mention the same for this tutorial as well that steps are fundamentally the same for Android app too with slight differences. So now let’s start with deleting our Facebook search history.
There are 2 methods to erase Search History on Facebook App.
Method 1: Using Activity Log
1. Open Facebook App on your smartphone and visit your profile. To go to your profile on iOS app, tap on More at bottom right corner of screen and select your Name at the top.
2. Under your profile, select Activity Log. You can find it just below your profile picture as shown below.
3. Activity Log shows you the history of all the activities you have done on Facebook. To specifically look for search activities select Filter at the top.
4. Activity Log Options will come up. Under this scroll down and select Search.
5. Now all the Facebook search history will be shown. To clear particular searches tap on x symbol to the right of every search information.
6. To delete Facebook search History completely select Clear Searches at the top under Filter. Select Confirm, to delete all your Searches on Facebook.
With this all your search history is removed. Lets look at the second method.
ALSO READ : Delete Facebook account permanently
Method 2 : From Search Bar
This is a slightly shorter method than the previous method.
1. Tap on Search bar at the top of the app.
2. Your search history would be shown and at top right you should find Edit. Select it.
3. This will take you the 5th step of Method 1 where all the searches you have done till now will be shown.
4. Now similar to method 1, you may either use x to right of search to erase particular search or select Clear Searches to remove all Facebook search history.
These were the two methods which would help you out when you want to delete Facebook search history from Facebook app. Let us know if you face any issues.