In one of our earlier guides, we shared how you can block your Snapchat story from certain friends. But it is only going to help you if you are looking to just hide your stories. You will still be able to continue to exchange snaps or messages privately in chats. However, what if you don’t want to receive snaps from specific friends? In that case, you can remove or block those friends. To learn the steps to delete or block someone on Snapchat follow this tutorial.
Here we have covered the procedure for the scenarios like the people who you are friends with, people who have chatted with you and users who have added you. So, let’s look into how you can block and delete each category of users.
Delete or Block Someone on Snapchat
I have used screenshots from the iPhone app but the workflow is the same for Android app.
1. User With Who You’re Friends with
- Open Snapchat app and tap on your Bitmoji(if you have created one) or Ghost icon at the top left.
- On the profile screen, select My Friends.
- Now, you can either find the desired friend to block/delete by swiping up and down or use the search bar at the top and type their name.
- When you spot their name tap on it.
- Tap on the gear icon in the pop-up that appears. Select Remove Friend to delete and Block to block the user.
Note: Blocking someone will restrict them to view your story or send you snaps. A removed user can still view your story or send messages depending on your privacy settings.
Similarly, you can block or delete other friends if you wish.
2. Someone Who Has Added You
Use this method, if a user has added you but you haven’t followed or added them back.
- Launch Snapchat and tap on your Bitmoji or Ghost icon to go to your profile.
- Under your profile, tap on Added Me.
- Now, find the desired user in the list and tap on their name.
- On the pop-up, tap on cog icon and select Block.
3. Block Someone With Whom You Had a Conversation
- Open Snapchat and tap on the chat icon at the bottom left or swipe right.
Now, there are 2 ways you can go about it.
- Long press/tap on the desired person’s name.
- Tap on the cog icon on the pop-up and select Block or Remove Friend to delete them if added.
- Tap on their name which will take you to the conversation screen.
- Next, tap on the Hamburger icon at the top left and select Block or Remove on the navigation menu.
We hope that you were able to delete or block someone on Snapchat from Android or iOS device. If you are facing any issues let us know in the comments below.