In one of our earlier guides, we shared how you can block your Snapchat story from certain friends. But it is only going to help you if you are looking to just hide your stories. You will still be able to continue to exchange snaps or messages privately in chats. However, what if you don’t want to receive snaps from specific friends? In that case, you can remove or block those friends. To learn the steps to delete or block someone on Snapchat follow this tutorial.
Here we have covered the procedure for the scenarios like the people who you are friends with, people who have chatted with you and users who have added you. So, let’s look into how you can block and delete each category of users.
Updated: On 17th July 2018 with the steps for the redesigned Snapchat app.
Delete Or Block Someone On Snapchat
1. User With Who You’re Friends with
- Open Snapchat app and tap on the chat icon at the bottom left.
- Now, tap on the new chat icon at the top right.
- Here, you will be able to see all your friends on Snapchat. Press and hold on the friend you wish to block or remove. You can also use the To: field at the top to search and find them quickly.
- Now, press and hold on their name until you see a pop-up. Here, select Settings(Android) or cog icon(iPhone).
- After that, tap on Block or Remove Friend as desired and confirm your decision.
Note: Blocking someone will restrict them to view your story or send you snaps. A removed user can still view your story or send messages depending on your privacy settings.
Similarly, you can block or delete other friends if you wish.
2. Someone Who Has Added You
Use this method, if a user has added you but you haven’t followed or added them back.
- Launch Snapchat and tap on your Bitmoji or Ghost icon to go to your profile. If you have uploaded a story then you will see story thumbnail.
- Under your profile, tap on Add Friends.
- Now, by default, you will be under the Add Friends tab. Here at the top, you will see the Added Me section. Tap on Show More to see the complete list.
- Next, find the desired user in the list and press and hold on their name.
- On the pop-up, tap on Settings.
- Finally, select Block and confirm by tapping on Yes.
3. Block Someone With Whom You Had A Conversation
- Open Snapchat and tap on the chat icon at the bottom left or swipe right.
Now, there are 2 ways you can go about it.
- Long press/tap on the desired person’s name.
- Tap on the cog icon(iPhone) or Settings(Android) on the pop-up and select Block or Remove Friend to delete them if added.
- Tap on their name which will take you to the conversation screen.
- Next, tap on the Hamburger icon at the top left and select Block or Remove on the navigation menu.
If you change your mind later then you can also unblock someone on Snapchat.
We hope that you were able to delete or block someone on Snapchat from Android or iOS device. If you are facing any issues let us know in the comments below.