Chrome has this nifty feature of automatically saving the typed URL in its history. The saved URL then appears in auto-suggestions while typing the similar letters present in the URL. This makes it possible to open websites quickly and hence save a lot of time. But at times we type an incorrect site address with an additional letter or special character in the name. A typo basically. The incorrect URL then keeps popping up in the address bar which is highly irritating. However, you can easily delete autocomplete URL in Chrome on Windows and Mac.
Additionally, we’ve also covered Chrome Autofill feature which comes in handy when you have to enter your name, address, card information etc. on various sites. It allows you to save time and avoid the mundane task of typing the same entries over and over again on different occasions. But it might happen that your address has changed or you have a new credit card and it is irritating to see that old info pop-up. Isn’t it? Apart from your information changing it might also be possible that your friend or colleague used your PC/Mac to order a product where they had to fill a form. Now, whenever you get similar forms their information is stored in autofill. In that case, you might want to remove autofill info. Well, to help you out in this regard we have mentioned the method to update or delete autofill info on Chrome in the second section later.
Delete Autocomplete URL In Chrome
Chrome browser allows you to remove autofill URL on both Mac and Windows PC. Using the delete functionality it is possible to remove particular URL’s from the URL auto-suggestions. If you are looking to delete browser history on Android then follow this tutorial. To remove URL from Chrome autocomplete follow the steps below.
1. Open the Chrome browser and start typing the URL you wish to delete.
2. When the URL is highlighted use the following key combination.
- For Mac – fn + Shift + Delete
- For Windows – Shift + Delete
With this, that particular URL will be removed from the auto-suggestion. Similarly, you can delete another unwanted specific URL’s from the Chrome autocomplete history.
It’s quite an easy method and knowing it can save you from the trouble of opening incorrect websites. The next time you get an incorrect URL suggestion you know how to deal with it.
Remove All Autofill Entries On Chrome
Whatever the case may be – edit autofill or delete all or individual autofill entries, we have got you covered. So, let’s get on with it.
1. Click on the Chrome Menu (3 dots) and go to More Tools and select Clear Browsing Data…
2. On the pop-up window, switch to the Advanced tab and select Autofill form data. Also, set the Time range to All time.
3. After that, click on Clear Data.
This will delete all the autofill information. Not so useful if you only wish to delete or update specific entries. For that use the following method.
Update Or Delete Individual Autofill Entries On Chrome
1. Click on Chrome menu (3 dots) and select Settings.
2. Next, click on Advanced at the bottom.
3. Scroll down until you see Passwords and forms section. Under that, click on Auto-fill settings.
4. Here, you will be able to see all the autofill information that is stored in your Google Chrome browser. There will be 3 dots icon next to every entry. Click on it for the desired one and select Edit or Remove.
In case you choose Edit, you will get an option to update the information. After which you can click on Save.
Here are a few handpicked Chrome tutorials for you.
We hope that you were able to delete autofill specific URL’s and update or delete autofill info on Chrome. If you think this information can help others then don’t forget to share the article.