You might know that Instagram allows you to add geo stickers or filters and hashtags in your stories. If you are facing a hard time figuring out how to create such stories then this quick guide will let you know everything about location and hashtag Instagram stories. Recent update includes these stories in place or hashtag story. This gives an additional option to explore photos/videos or view stories of users you don’t follow. Your or anyone’s story will be added to the Location or hashtag story only if your profile is set to Public. But it is possible to hide your Location and Hashtags Instagram Stories even for a Public profile. For now, let us see how to create location and hashtags Instagram stories.
Add Location and Hashtags to Instagram Story
The screenshots and steps used are from the latest version of Instagram iOS app version 10.22. The steps remain the same for Android with slight changes.
1. Launch Instagram app and tap on the Your Story ring icon at the top if it is your first photo/video in the story. Otherwise, either tap on the Camera icon at the top left corner or swipe right on the news feed screen. This will take you to the Camera screen.
2. Here you can click a snap or record a video or even upload a photo/video from Gallery or Camera roll.
3. After having the desired media, tap on the sticker icon at the top to the left of brush icon. A new pop-up will appear. Select Location.
If you have location services turned on and allowed Instagram access then location sticker will be added.
4. To add hashtags simply tap on the Aa icon at the top right corner. Type the desired hashtag as you usually do while adding hashtags in the Instagram caption.
Drag and position the hashtag as desired. You can add multiple hashtags if you want.
5. Finally, use the right arrow icon at the bottom right to create your Story.
Similarly, you can add location or hashtags to other stories.
Adding location or hashtags to stories can be a lot more fun and useful now with the new Explore options. What are your thoughts? Please let us know in the comments.