Are you facing an error message that reads – “There was an issue importing your video. Please try again.” while uploading a video on Instagram? Most likely it is because the video doesn’t fall under the Instagram supported video formats or settings. Instagram only supports the MP4 format and the length of the video should be in between 3-60 seconds. Therefore, in order to successfully post your video, you will have to convert video to Instagram format which is MP4. We will help you with exactly that in this tutorial. So, let’s get on with it.
There are many video converters you can find but the one I am going to share is one of the best and loaded with features. It not only convert the videos to any format but has video editing and downloading features as well. Let us hop into the details.
Convert Video to Instagram Supported Format
1. Video Converter Ultimate from Wondershare is a professional video converter which can get the job done. It is available for Windows and Mac and also has a FREE trial version. Head over to their official website to download it.
2. Open the software once it is installed. Transfer the video which you wish to publish to your Instagram profile from smartphone to your computer. On the software window, click on Add Files at the top left.
3. A dialog will open where you can navigate and select the desired video files you wish to convert. After the video is loaded in the tool, click on the drop-down menu in the second rectangle with Target label and select Video tab.
In Video tab, select MP4 and desired video quality. With this, we have set the target video format to be MP4.
4. Now, click on Convert. With trial version, only 1/3rd video will be converted. To convert the full video you will have to purchase the premium version.
Once the video is converted to MP4 it will be saved to your PC/Mac hard drive. You can go to the converted video file by selecting the Converted tab and clicking on the folder icon against the file.
Wait! I am not done yet. As I told you Video Converter Ultimate version 10.0 .0 is packed with multiple cool features. So, you don’t only get conversion functionality but a lot more.
- It is possible to transfer videos from PC/Mac to your smartphone using the Transfer tab.
- Allows you to download YouTube and videos from other video sharing sites. If that is not impressive then you can also save all videos in YouTube playlist at once.
- With this tool, you can burn the videos to DVD directly.
- It supports more than 1000 formats.
The following video will give you a hang of what this software can do.
We hope that you were able to convert video to Instagram format and finally post your favorite video on Instagram. If you found this tutorial helpful then share it on social media.