Apple introduced Live photos with iPhone 6s which gave photos a short video-like feel. Live photo records sound and activity of 1.5 seconds before and after the image is captured. Hence it can be said that it is something between a video and GIF. You might have realized that sending live photos to someone not using iPhone 6s or later makes them only see the stable photo. This is because the feature isn’t supported on the old iOS devices or Android. But what if you wish to share some amazing live photos on your iPhone to contacts who are using phones that are incompatible. For that purpose, we are here to let you know how to convert iPhone live photos to GIF or video.
After the conversion, you can easily share it with others as GIF and videos are supported in all the smartphones. So, let’s get the ball rolling.
Convert iPhone Live Photos to GIF or Video
There are plenty of third-party apps that can help you make GIF from iPhone live photo. But the one I am sharing here is the best I came across and does the job for FREE.
- Download Lively from the App Store.
- Launch the app after it is installed successfully.
- Allow the app to access Photos. Once you do that, all the Live Photos in your Camera Roll will be fetched and loaded into the app. Select the desired one.
- On the next screen tap on the cog icon to set the speed and the playback direction for the converted GIF.
- There is also a possibility to select the certain part of the live photo to convert. Use the slider at the bottom to set the start and end point.
- After you’re happy with all the settings tap on Export GIF. It will give options to share the GIF as a message, Email, Facebook etc. Tap on Save to save the GIF to Camera Roll or use other sharing options if desired.
To turn the live photo to video tap on the Movie tab at the top. There is a similar slider like GIF to convert the specific section of the live photo to video. Tap on the live photo in the app to turn on/off sound for converted video.
After that, you can simply select Export Movie to save the video to Photos app on iPhone.
Similarly, you can make GIF or videos from other live photos on your iPhone. When you have the GIF or video you can share it without any compatibility issues.
We hope that you were able to convert iPhone live photos to GIF or video. Share this article on social media to let others know about this so that they too can share their live photos with anyone without bothering about recipient device.