Instagram’s parent company Facebook has made yet another move in order to bring the two platforms even closer. A few weeks back it was made possible to share Instagram stories on Facebook to attract more users to Facebook Stories. Now, Facebook is making it easier for you to contact your Instagram followers. With the new Messenger update, it is possible to sync Instagram contacts with Messenger. If this is something you would like to do then follow this tutorial which shares the steps to connect Instagram contacts to Facebook Messenger on Android or iOS.
With close to 400 million users making use of Instagram Direct to chat with friends it gives them additional option to contact them on Messenger as well. If you have already started worrying about getting a lot of spam messages on Messenger from Instagram then let me tell you that only your mutual followers will be added. So, you don’t have to bother about users you don’t follow back.
Here’s how you can go about importing Instagram contacts to Messenger.
Connect Instagram Contacts To Facebook Messenger
Update Messenger app from respective App Stores. I got the feature in version 145.0(iOS). So make sure you get that or later version.
- After updating the app open it. Select the People tab from the bottom row.
- On this screen, you will see a new option – “Connect to Instagram“. Tap on it.
- Next, the app will automatically detect your Instagram account from the Instagram app on your phone. Tap on Connect to [your Instagram username].
- If you’re a fresh Messenger user then the sign-up steps will also include an option to sync Instagram contacts.
- Finally, you will see a list of contacts added to Messenger from Instagram. The list will confirm that only the users you follow back are synced. Tap on Done to start chatting.
We hope that you were able to connect Instagram contacts to Messenger. The latest option is not only a step to integrate the two apps but it also offers additional option to chat with Instagram followers. What’s your take on this? Share your thoughts in the comments below.